What Is Good
- Arvind Swamy
- Baby Nainika
- Master Raghavan
What Is Bad
- Boring Screenplay
- Flat Comedy
Arvind Swamy as the arrogant and angry Bhaskar fits perfectly in his role, and while he excels in action scenes, he also gets his emotions right in the sentimental sequences and as the doting dad. He proves that he can be a crowd puller given a mass role as well. Amala Paul continues from where she left in Thiruttu Payale 2, and sizzles in songs, and performs well within the limited scope as the single young mother Vinitha. Baby Nainika has made a return to films post Theri, and just like her debut, the kid is made to be expressive throughout the movie, and she keeps the audience entertained with her antics. Soori tries hard to evoke laughs only to end delivering flat and trashy jokes. The rest of the cast including Siddique, Robo Shankar, Nikesha Patel, Nasser doesn't have much scope.
The Background score by Amresh is loud and jarring, while of his songs, none, including the forgettable title track appeal. Vijay Ulaganath's cinematography captures the songs well, and the movie doesn't have much scope for him being a mostly indoor movie. Gowrishankar's editing could have been better. Siddique, known for his comic capers like Friends and Engal Anna, which were remakes of his own Malayalam blockbusters, returns after a hiatus with yet another similar formula of Malayalam to Tamil remake, but this time around, he has opted to remake his Bhaskar The Rascal which was itself a mediocre product.
Right from the word go, Bhaskar Oru Rascal follows the stereotypical path, and with cliched sequences, fails to entertain. Besides Soori, Robo Shankar and the team trying to evoke laughs and mouthing crass one-liners that do not gel well with the screenplay, besides the badly placed songs, add to the troubles of Bhaskar. While Arvind Swamy and the two kids try to salvage some pride for Bhaskar Oru Rascal, the movie doesn't even have a pacy screenplay, and for the most part looks like a serial stuffed with bad jokes, ultimately ending as a joke on the viewer. All said, take a trip to visit Bhaskar Oru Rascal only if you don't have any other option.
Shruti gets 'Race Gurram' Hero! Stylish star Allu Arjun who had previously scored an average flick with Duvvada Jagannadham faced a huge roadblock in his career with his latest release Naa Peru Surya Naa Illu India which lost more than 40 crores. The actor is now upset due to the failure and he is keen to bounce back with a hit project.
- Kasthuri pleads for an apology
- 'Kabali' actress accepts that she made compromises with producers
- Anjali proudly revealed her waistline in SIIMA Award show before everyone after losing weight - PHOTOS INSIDE
- Samantha's Expressions before whole Media and Press people SHOCKED everyone - MORE PHOTOS Inside
- Kajal Aggarwal's recent Transparent Saree exposure photos goes Viral - View all Photos!
- Tamanna once again exposes her Thundering Thighs during a Public event - 18 Hot Photos Inside
- Bigg Boss Kaushal hits a BIG JACKPOT - Do you Know?
- When Trisha was Kissed suddenly by a Surprise Guest... Photos Captured and you can see them!
- Got Married and now the 35-Year-Old Hot Actress goes 'MORE BOLD' - HOTTEST EXPOSURE Photos Inside
- Shruti Haasan sang on stage wearing a Black Transparent Revealing dress - Photos Inside
- Young Actress blackmails director with Sri leaks!
- Kajal Aggarwal's Director to enter Web!
- Samantha in S.S.Rajamouli's 'RRR' ??
- 'Geetha Govindam' sets ANOTHER RECORD