What Is Good
- Arvind Swamy
- Baby Nainika
- Master Raghavan
What Is Bad
- Boring Screenplay
- Flat Comedy
Arvind Swamy as the arrogant and angry Bhaskar fits perfectly in his role, and while he excels in action scenes, he also gets his emotions right in the sentimental sequences and as the doting dad. He proves that he can be a crowd puller given a mass role as well. Amala Paul continues from where she left in Thiruttu Payale 2, and sizzles in songs, and performs well within the limited scope as the single young mother Vinitha. Baby Nainika has made a return to films post Theri, and just like her debut, the kid is made to be expressive throughout the movie, and she keeps the audience entertained with her antics. Soori tries hard to evoke laughs only to end delivering flat and trashy jokes. The rest of the cast including Siddique, Robo Shankar, Nikesha Patel, Nasser doesn't have much scope.
The Background score by Amresh is loud and jarring, while of his songs, none, including the forgettable title track appeal. Vijay Ulaganath's cinematography captures the songs well, and the movie doesn't have much scope for him being a mostly indoor movie. Gowrishankar's editing could have been better. Siddique, known for his comic capers like Friends and Engal Anna, which were remakes of his own Malayalam blockbusters, returns after a hiatus with yet another similar formula of Malayalam to Tamil remake, but this time around, he has opted to remake his Bhaskar The Rascal which was itself a mediocre product.
Right from the word go, Bhaskar Oru Rascal follows the stereotypical path, and with cliched sequences, fails to entertain. Besides Soori, Robo Shankar and the team trying to evoke laughs and mouthing crass one-liners that do not gel well with the screenplay, besides the badly placed songs, add to the troubles of Bhaskar. While Arvind Swamy and the two kids try to salvage some pride for Bhaskar Oru Rascal, the movie doesn't even have a pacy screenplay, and for the most part looks like a serial stuffed with bad jokes, ultimately ending as a joke on the viewer. All said, take a trip to visit Bhaskar Oru Rascal only if you don't have any other option.
Shraddha to come 'Twice' ?? It's a known fact that while Bollywood is making the biopic of Saina Nehwal as Saina with Shraddha Kapoor, Tollywood has been planning to make the biopic of the trainer of her and former legendary player Pullela Gopichand.
- Agent Prabhas, Shraddha... Loading...
- OMG! Trivikram to remake 'SUCH A MOVIE' with Bunny and Shruti Haasan ??
- 'NOTA' Girl gets her next
- Even before shooting a major production house bags rights for RRR
- PIC TALK - Kajal Aggarwal in a Bra and Thigh-High Shorts exposing her Inner Assets
- Even in Traditional Dress, Kajal Aggarwal exposes her cleavage and navel - PHOTOS PROOF Inside
- CAUGHT RED-HANDED : Adah Sharma spotted Braless during Award Show - 20 HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- Can Tamanna give comfort to the Flop Hero?
- Can the Desi Beauty give a success to the Star Son?
- Critically acclaimed movie to contest
- Anushka Shetty ready to tie the knot?
- Oops! Trisha faces Embarrassing moment on the stage due to her short skirt - 31 Photos as a Hot Treat
- These 19 Latest Photos of 35-Year-Old TRISHA proves that she gets Hotter with age
- Kajal's 'Back to Back' show...