What Is Good
- Richard M Nathan's Cinematography
- Vijay Antony - Sunaina Portions
What Is Bad
- Songs and placement
- Dull second half screenplay
Vijay Antony is perfect in the triple role with multiple angles and lives, set in different milieus, and in an author-backed role that requires him to deliver only limited emotions considering his limited histrionic abilities, Kiruthiga has extracted the best with necessary variations between the 3 roles. Anjali delivers another impressive act in an extended cameo. while Sunaina's cameo deserves a mention for her fine and remarkable acting prowess. The rest of the cast including Nasser, Amritha and Shilpa do not have much scope.
Background score by Vijay Antony suits the dark tone of the movie, while of his songs, almost every number gives a sense of Deja vu. Richard M Nathan's cinematography is top notch, perfectly differentiating the environments and lifestyles of the 3 characters, while editing by Lawrence Kishore could have been taut. 5 years after her debut with Vanakkam Chennai in her home banner, Director Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi has returned to direction with a movie that has a psychological and social angle in it, in Kaasi.
The movie begins on a promising note with the suspense build well but falters midway with the execution going for a toss, as the other two characters do not have much depth or strong emotional connect as the Doctor Bharath Character, and do not appeal much to the audience. With songs popping out at regular intervals and with none of them appealing except Arumbe number, and the heroines, despite the presence of 4 them, and none making a mark but only slowing the pace, Kaasi's second half takes a beating as well. The only savior of the movie happens to be Richard M Nathan's cinematography and the background score. All said, Kaasi begins well, only to end as a mediocre venture.
Is RGV taking credits? The controversial director Ram Gopal Varma had been busy making his latest flick, the cop thriller Officer starring none other than his Shiva hero Akkineni Nagarjuna, marking their fourth collaboration, and the movie is scheduled to hit screens next month.
- Young hero's big confession!
- Saaho getting heavy every day!
- Kumar Babu is ready to rock again!
- The Taxi driver has two options!
- Milky babe to come late!
- Anushka to do LIVE Chat with fans...
- Oooh... Noo... First Tamanna, Now Kajal Aggarwal to act in 'THAT' Controversial Director's Movie
- Booo.... Tamanna will make you Sweat with her Teasing Exposure in these Latest 10 Photos... View All Pics...!!!
- Well, That's Shruti Haasan... Bouncing like a Boss...
- The 19-Year-Old 'Nela Ticket' Actress promotes her Movie by wearing such Sleazy Costumes - Photos Inside
- Shruti Haasan to team up with Ravi Teja again and again?
- When Sharwanand gets Kajal and a Comedy support
- 'Bharat Ane Nenu' Girl Vasumathi moves from Love to LUST... See SEDUCING Photos Inside
- Ooh..oh... So the Marriage was 'RUSHED' as the Actress was 'PREGNANT' ??