What Is Good
- Richard M Nathan's Cinematography
- Vijay Antony - Sunaina Portions
What Is Bad
- Songs and placement
- Dull second half screenplay
Vijay Antony is perfect in the triple role with multiple angles and lives, set in different milieus, and in an author-backed role that requires him to deliver only limited emotions considering his limited histrionic abilities, Kiruthiga has extracted the best with necessary variations between the 3 roles. Anjali delivers another impressive act in an extended cameo. while Sunaina's cameo deserves a mention for her fine and remarkable acting prowess. The rest of the cast including Nasser, Amritha and Shilpa do not have much scope.
Background score by Vijay Antony suits the dark tone of the movie, while of his songs, almost every number gives a sense of Deja vu. Richard M Nathan's cinematography is top notch, perfectly differentiating the environments and lifestyles of the 3 characters, while editing by Lawrence Kishore could have been taut. 5 years after her debut with Vanakkam Chennai in her home banner, Director Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi has returned to direction with a movie that has a psychological and social angle in it, in Kaasi.
The movie begins on a promising note with the suspense build well but falters midway with the execution going for a toss, as the other two characters do not have much depth or strong emotional connect as the Doctor Bharath Character, and do not appeal much to the audience. With songs popping out at regular intervals and with none of them appealing except Arumbe number, and the heroines, despite the presence of 4 them, and none making a mark but only slowing the pace, Kaasi's second half takes a beating as well. The only savior of the movie happens to be Richard M Nathan's cinematography and the background score. All said, Kaasi begins well, only to end as a mediocre venture.
Allari Naresh to romance Pooja Hegde in Mahesh 25 Allari Naresh had been one of the most successful small budget movie heroes, starring and delivering comic capers made in mini-budgets in regular intervals, and securing hits at a good rate, and earned the reputation of a bankable B and C hero.
- 7 Unknown facts about Vijay TV Anchor Divya Darshini
- Rakul Preet fails repeatedly in Hindi
- Shruti Haasan sizzles the Ramp in Red Hot Frock - View Photos
- Ramya VJ showing her hot curves in Saree - 10 Pics Inside
- 'Geetha Govindam' causes a WAR between MANCHU FAMILY and ALLU FAMILY
- 33 Latest Red HOT Teasing Photos of Samantha exposing her Assets in Public
- Bubbly Beauty for Sensational Hero
- Kiara Advani enters last leg of shooting
- Mallu Beauty bags a Biggie
- Kajal Aggarwal to do romance with 58-Year-Old Hero for the Romantic Hot Sequel after 16 Years
- Dusky Beauty injures herself and still she takes 'Selfie' - Photos Inside
- Producer Dil Raju accepts that 'Srinivasa Kalyanam' is a Flop as it never had the Glamour or Spice
- Samantha begins Promotion
- Rakul Preet to pair with the Handsome Hunk