Mahanati, the biopic of legendary actress Savithri, which has the Mallu beauty Keerthy Suresh playing the title role, is directed by Naga Ashwin who had previously directed Yevade Subrahmanyam starring Nani and is bankrolled by Aswini Dutt in his Vyjyanthi films banner.
The film, which is set in the 50s-60s, has a lot of extensive CG works and sets to recreate the golden era and hence is consuming more time to get the perfect output on the screen. This has further taken a toll on the release date of the film, which was initially supposed to release on March 29, a day ahead of the release of Ramcharan Starrer Rangasthalam.
With lots of works pending and vital sequences to be shot and developed using VFX, it has been reported that the film will be pushed to June or the end of May. The film has Mallu Heartthrob Dulquer Salmaan playing Gemini Ganesan, Prakashraj playing producer Chakrapani, besides Samantha, Anushka, and has music by Mickey J Meyer. This has made Keerthi Suresh upset as once again it's a negative thing on her. Her recent releases failed, She lost brand endorsements, and now this delay!
Comedian to Try Again Comedian turned hero Santhanam who had been the reigning king of comedy in Kollywood till before 5 years, with his combination with almost all heroes of the industry including SUperstar Rajnikanth, Thala Ajith, and many others, had made him being called the Comedy Superstar.
- Space flick backs out due to Kajal
- Sizzling Beauty gets her NEXT
- Despite Marriage Breakup, Rashmika targeting 'THIS'...
- Junior NTR is totally committed to 'Aravinda Sametha'
- Nagarjuna unhappy with Kodala winning over his Son at the Box-Office
- Akkineni hero begins next!
- Anupama's Glamorous movie gets a release date
- Allu Arjun's Father misses Timing