Ace movie maker Maniratnam has not been in the best phases of his career, as it has been a while since he has delivered a supreme quality product appreciated and accepted by audience and critics alike. He had the last hit in the form of romantic entertainer Ok Kanmani (2015).
His last release Kaatru Veliyidai, which explored the troubled relationship of a chauvinistic pilot played by Karthi and a girl stuck between her values and her love, Doctor Leela played by Aditi Rao Hydari, was not accepted by the audience, and it ended a dud. However, the master maker is back with his next.
Titled Chekka Chivantha Vaanam/ Nawab, the social entertainer has an ensemble cast, including Simbu, Vijay Sethupathi, Arvind Swamy, Jyothika, Aishwarya Rajesh, Aditi Rao Hydari, Arun Vijay, and the movie had completed its entire shooting, with its last schedule completed last week in Serbia, with portions of Simbu being wrapped. Chekka Chivantha Vaanam aims a September release.
Poonam Kaur to work for an Epic Series One can never forget Miss Andhra of the year 2005, Deepa, who got rechristened as Poonam Kaur, and entered films, and starred in several Telugu and tamil flicks, without much luck. While she started off with homely roles that didn't work in her favour, she later tried to go glam which also let her down.
- Regina's glamour is the selling point
- Nayan to join hands with Venky?
- Will Malvika grab it for the second time
- When Kajal Aggarwal recommended an actor
- Anjali's next horror movie will be in 3D
- Director makes remarks on the married heroine
- When Pooja surprised the entire crew
- Tamanna tastes another success after 'F2'
- 'Mega Actor' goes special training
- Sai Pallavi gets back to the 'Vintage' mode
- Shruti Haasan's 'Black' avatar will tease you - View Pics
- Nidhi Agerwal labels Akkineni as a Playboy
- 15 Eye-Candy Photos of Kajal in saree from vintage days!
- Huge sets erected for 'SAAHO'
- Rashmika to pair with Younger Akkineni?