The once very successful action hero of Tollywood, Gopichand, has been desperate to score a success for more than 3-4 years, with his last few releases like Jil, Gautam Nanda and Oxygen failed big time. Now, he has pinned all hopes on his latest release Pantham that has released today, and here's team AP herald's exclusive Pantham first report.
Pantham revolves around Gopichand who plots high profile robberies until he plans one in the place of Home Minister Sampath, that lands him and his gang in trouble, as he has to reveal his true identity, and why he entered a mission to steal money from many people. How he countered the minister's gang and protected his team, while achieving his cause is what Pantham is all about.
Gopichand has played his part well, and stunts being his forte, puts up a good show in the action scenes, besides the courtroom finale. Mehreen looks pretty while Sampath looks like a loud caricature. Director Chakravarthy has planned to make vigilante action flick with a background cause but fails to make it engaging as most of the scenes are predictable, and it is the action scenes and the court scenes that are the highlights of this entertainer that works only in parts. Pantham doesn't help Gopichand much, as the cliches overtake the positives of the movie, and ends on an average note.
Engagement Break Up with Rashmika, but he turns into a Sherlock now! It has become a trend of late for filmmakers to make movies set in the 80s/70s, or during pre-independence times, or to make detective dramas, like last year, director Mysskin had made the Sherlock type drama Thupparivalan in Tamil with Vishal and Prasanna playing the detectives.
- Samantha's Flop Movie mints 50 Crores on Opening weekend
- Sultry Siren joins Biggie
- Another super model enters!
- Can Keerthy Suresh taste it again?
- Comedian to Try Again
- Space flick backs out due to Kajal
- Sizzling Beauty gets her NEXT
- Despite Marriage Breakup, Rashmika targeting 'THIS'...
- Junior NTR is totally committed to 'Aravinda Sametha'
- Nagarjuna unhappy with Kodala winning over his Son at the Box-Office
- Akkineni hero begins next!
- Anupama's Glamorous movie gets a release date
- Allu Arjun's Father misses Timing
- Sandalwood Heroine ventures into Tamil
- 'Rabhasa' shades in 'Aravinda Sametha'?