The biopic of the legendary yesteryear actress Savithri, Mahanati directed by Nag Ashwin of Yevade Subrahmanyam fame, and starring mallu beauty Keerthy Suresh in the titular role, besides Dulquer Salmaan as Gemini Ganeshan, and Samantha and Vijay Deverakonda as journalists had turned out to be a huge success.
The film was well received by both the Telugu as well as Tamil audience in its dubbed version Nadigaiyar Thilagam and the movie went on to gross more than 60 crores which were huge considering that it was a female-centric movie, and it won rave reviews for Keerthy Suresh, escalating her to superstardom.
Now, the movie has won the honor of receiving Equality of cinema award at the recently held Indian Film Festival of Melbourne, and Keerthy Suresh had also received a nomination for best actress, which ultimately went to Rani Mukerji for Hichki. Hichki's director Sidharth P Malhotra had taken it to Twitter to appreciate Keerthy's performance and expressed that he would love to work with her soon.
Nayantara create ripples Nayantara is slowly showing her interest towards Kollywood and her come back in Tollywood will not sustain for a long period. She is slowly creating tension among producers and directors. She was last seen in 'Babu Bangaram' which was an Action Romantic comedy flick written and directed by Maruthi.
- TAXIWAALA REVIEW - Vijay Deverakonda FAILS YET AGAIN
- Deepika Padukone touched 'Inappropriately' in this Making Video !
- OMG... This is TRISHA in her early days of cinema career - View Photos
- Anasuya bags another project
- Samantha's new brand endorsement
- Payal gets a Huge Demand
- Kajal's surprise in Super Star's next
- Nandita Swetha's next is based on real life incidents