Legendary Kannada actor and former minister Ambareesh passed away in Bengaluru yesterday, and he had been receiving treatment for multiple ailments. He was 66. Ambareesh had been admitted at Vikram hospital after getting a massive cardiac arrest, following which he passed away, as reported by the hospital authorities. He had collapsed in his home in JP Nagar and was rushed to the hospital immediately.
Previously, he had been diagnosed with respiratory and kidney issues and was admitted to Mount Elizabeth Hospital of Singapore. Ambareesh's funeral will be held at Bengaluru on Monday at Kanteerava Studios. Fans and supporters will be allowed to pay their last tributes to Ambareesh from 7.30 am onwards today at the Kanteerava Stadium. Earlier Ambareesh had opted out of Karnataka Assembly elections though he was given a Congress ticket from Mandya.
He had been the union minister in Manmohan Singh led UPA government. Ambareesh had been an MP between 1998-99, 1999-2004 and 2004-2009. Between 2006-2008, Ambareesh was the Minister of State in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. The legendary actor had won the national award for his debut film Naagarahaavu (1972) and had been fondly called Rebel star after Chakravyuha.
Ambareesh was believed and respected to be the strongest person of Kannada film industry who could resolve internal issues and wars in Sandalwood. He was known to resolve troubles and maintain peace by sorting issues within south film industries. Even in the recent #MeToo allegation made by Sruthi Hariharan against action king Arjun Sarja, Ambareesh tried to resolve amicably but both actors reached legal ways. Ambareesh's refusal to contest in elections at last moment had shocked party leaders.
He was the last option for Vokkaliga leadership in Congress post the exit of former chief minister SM Krishna to join BJP. Lovingly called 'Appaji', meaning father in Kannada, he was most loved and highly respected by almost every Sandalwood actor. With his passing away after Dr. Rajkumar and Dr. Vishnuvardhan, Kannada film industry Sandalwood has lost its last pillar standing, and it's an end of an era in South cinema.
Shruti Haasan Opens her Mouth for 'SUCH A Low-Level HERO' Shruti Haasan who was last seen in Si 3 in a sizzling hot role will next be seen making an appearance in Bollywood ace maker Mahesh Manjrekar's next flick that will have Billa 2 and Anjaan star Vidyut Jammwal in lead role.
- Shraddha completed most of her portion in 'PINK' remake
- Shruti Haasan sizzles in London
- 25 Latest Hot Photos of RAKUL PREET to make you Sweat and Drool over her
- Actress decides to cross limits if this condition is fulfilled
- Samantha accepts that 'SHE BITES DURING SLEEP'
- MEGA POWER STAR's SISTER just wears a Bra and Jeans, Exposes her Waist and goes for Shopping in Public - 10 HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- OMG... Strapless and Sleeveless... TAMANNA SHOCKS IN A HOT COSTUME - HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- Bolly Thigh Beauty shows off her Hot Assets in Blue Dress - 12 Hot Photos Inside
- Oops... Alia Bhatt Dress goes 'DOWN' as her Boyfriend Ranbir was dragging her Behind the stage - 11 PHOTOS INSIDE
- Uuuff... BIGGER and BAD RAGE... Shruti Haasan right now!
- Shruti Haasan shows her Slender Milky White Thighs as she walks into a Crowded Place - PHOTO INSIDE
- KAJAL AGGARWAL - What Dress is 'THIS' you are wearing at AIRPORT before PUBLIC :: PHOTO PROOF INSIDE
- These 10 Mood-Erecting, Tempting Photos of TRISHA in Sleeveless Blouse and Transparent Black Saree will bring your Inner Temptations
- Another delay for TRISHA
- Akkineni Princess SHOCKS everyone