Washington sources have stated that Sikh man was shot in the US state of Washington by a masked gunman who told him, “go back to your own country”, before opening fire in front of his house. It was stated that the victim, who was not identified by name by officials or the media, survived the attack that took place on Friday night.
Another Indian, Alok Madasani was also shot in Olathe, but survived. Meanwhile in the latest incident, the 39 year old victim was working on his car in front of his house in Kent city when he was shot by the man described as white, who had his face partially covered.
Kent Police Chief Ken Thomas had said on Saturday
morning, according to the Seattle Times that they are early on in their
investigation and are treating this as a very serious incident. KING5 TV has
reported that the incident was being investigated as a possible hate crime and
police had reached out to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for help.
Satwinder Kaur, a candidate for Kent City Council, said on Facebook that the victim, who was shot in the arm “wishes to remain anonymous at this time. So as a community we should respect that.” Kent Mayor Suzette Cooke has also reached out to him. The Sikh community leader Jasmit Singh had said that the victim was released from the hospital. "He is just much shaken up, both him and his family,” Singh said, adding “We’re all kind of at a loss in terms of what’s going on right now. This is just bringing it home. The climate of hate that has been created doesn’t distinguish between anyone.”
Richest Man in History is Amazon CEO New York sources have made a statement that Xinhua news agency reported that Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is now the world’s richest man, not just at present, but of all time. Accordingly both Bloomberg and Forbes have put Bezos on top of their billionaire lists. Bloomberg said Bezos’ net worth reached $106 billion while Forbes put it at $105 billion as of Wednesday.
- Richest Man in History is Amazon CEO
- . Despite freezing cold weather 8000 devotees and visitors thronged the Hindu Temple of Atlanta
- Aziz Ismail Ansari won Best Actor in Golden Globe Award
- Indian American files nomination in US Congress
- New replacement of person in Foreign Secretary
- Indian American counseling psychologist Ramesh Gune emerging as a key influencer in PTSD battle
- NRIs registering themselves as 'overseas electors' seen a two-fold jump in the last three years
- Overseas Citizen of India card to be applied within a week
- Microsoft campus to surprise employees with a Cricketing Field
- South Style of cooking is underrated as per people's thinking
- Trump emphasized that US been cheated while its citizens were ill-served at home
- US state of Nevada's Cardiologist arrested on 39 charges of unlawful distribution
- Aadhaar is not necessary for NRI's those who prefer IT returns
- US' EB5 visa scheme extended till December 22
- Less Focus on H1-B Visas says USA Ambassador - Will it impact on Indian companies?