Washington sources have stated that man in Florida tried to burn down a convenience store owned by Indian-Americans because he thought the owners were Muslims. Richard Lloyd had told the police officials that he wanted to “run the Arabs out of our country” so he pushed a dumpster in front of the Port St. Lucie store on Friday and set the contents on fire, St. Lucie County Sheriff Ken Mascara said in a news release posted on Facebook.
It was stated that the fire was put out quickly and didn’t cause much damage since the store was closed and protected by security shutters. Lloyd had told detectives he assumed the owner was a Muslim and that angered him because of “what they are doing in the Middle East,” Mascara said.
The sheriff had said “It’s unfortunate that Lloyd made the
assumption that the store owners were Arabic when, in fact, they are of Indian
descent" and Lloyd’s mental health will be evaluated and the state
attorney’s office will decide if this was a hate crime.
Meanwhile Lloyd was charged with first-degree arson and booked into the St. Lucie County Jail in lieu of a $30,000 bond. According to CNN affiliate WPEC, Lloyd told investigators he tried to buy a bottle of Tropicana orange pineapple juice at the store a few days ago but was told they didn’t have any. He was also upset because he assumed that the store employee was a Muslim.
President Trump pushed for a merit based immigration system that admits skilled people According to sources op Republican lawmaker has moved amendments to a White House backed immigration bill to improve existing high skilled, merit based immigration laws, a proposal that could benefit technology professionals from countries like India.
- 101 year old athlete Mann Kaur walks the famous Sky Tower and creates record
- Florida fire shooting kills 17 students
- Neil Chatterjee appointed by Trump for FERC is highly skillful
- Trump condemns the crime in Portland
- PM Narendra Modi addresses NRI's at Muscat soon
- Indian American lawyer Kashyap Patel is the author of controversial Republican memo critical of the FBI
- Child trafficking is a common thing in Atlanta, USA
- NRI's lost bag in Metro Rail returned by CISF
- US Representative Nikki Haley condemned as highly offensive & disgusting rumors spread about her personal life
- Indian Origin British man identified by the US as the Islamic State executioner in Syria
- President Donald Trump imitated accent of Indian PM Modi in a private conversation about Afghanistan
- 65 Year said she was fired when she supported Trump
- Harinder Malhi and Indira Naidoo Harris
- Will Nikki Haley become Secretary for state in 2020 and President in 2024?
- Richest Man in History is Amazon CEO