US President Donald Trump donates his $400,000 (£329,620) salary for charity purpose by the end of 2017, his spokesman has confirmed.Adding to this he added an unexpected twist, he gave it to the White House press corps to decide where it should go.During his campaign, Trump deliberately before Trump deliberately told CBS's 60 Minutes that he would not claim his presidential salary.
It was confirmed that it would be donated after multiple media outlets asked if he was keeping that pledge.White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer told a press briefing: "The President's intention right now is to donate his salary at the end of the year, and he has kindly asked that you all determine where that goes."
Mr Spicer made a joke telling that letting the media choose a beneficiary would be "a way to avoid scrutiny".
"In all seriousness, I think his view is he made a pledge to the American people he wants to donate it to charity and he'd love your help to determine where it should go," Mr Spicer told the press.The president's salary is a fixed one, it is $400,000 a year since 2001. Mr Trump had previously stated that he would take only $1 a year as his salary, because the president is presses by law to receive a salary.This statement is quiet familiar because Late Cheif Minister of TamilNadu also stated she takes only Rs 1 as her salary.To the irony she was arrested in Assets disproportionate case is a different issue.
It is still unclear which organisation the press corps will choose to support.
Changed status of Nirav Modi as NRI known to Indian Banks According to sources it is now clear that Nirav Modi has changed his status in the Indian documents from resident Indian to Non Resident Indian (NRI). Meanwhile this happened sometime last year. It is not known whether Indian banks, especially the Punjab National Bank, were aware of their borrower's status shifting to a NRI. All along, Modi was classified as Indian promoter of his borrowing companies that were issued the letter of undertakings (LoU).
- President Trump pushed for a merit based immigration system that admits skilled people
- 101 year old athlete Mann Kaur walks the famous Sky Tower and creates record
- Florida fire shooting kills 17 students
- Neil Chatterjee appointed by Trump for FERC is highly skillful
- Trump condemns the crime in Portland
- PM Narendra Modi addresses NRI's at Muscat soon
- Indian American lawyer Kashyap Patel is the author of controversial Republican memo critical of the FBI
- Child trafficking is a common thing in Atlanta, USA
- NRI's lost bag in Metro Rail returned by CISF
- US Representative Nikki Haley condemned as highly offensive & disgusting rumors spread about her personal life
- Indian Origin British man identified by the US as the Islamic State executioner in Syria
- President Donald Trump imitated accent of Indian PM Modi in a private conversation about Afghanistan
- 65 Year said she was fired when she supported Trump
- Harinder Malhi and Indira Naidoo Harris
- Will Nikki Haley become Secretary for state in 2020 and President in 2024?