New York sources have stated that Appalled by the widespread ignorance of Sikhism that sparks hate crimes, a Sikh organization has launched a $1.5 million TV campaign to educate Americans about the faith and how the religion’s values of tolerance and equality reflect that of the nation, according to its promoters.
It was stated that the TV commercials from the National Sikh Campaign (NSC) that debuted on Friday on Baisakhi, are backed by research into Americans’ perceptions of Sikhism and religion and take on an original approach with a positive spin presenting Sikhs as integral members of the US society, whether it is politics or popular culture.
Rajwant Singh, a co-founder of the NSC added “We needed to focus our energy in telling the people who we are and what we stand for, what our religion and what our turban is, so people have a better understanding. Right now the turban is considered a symbol of terrorism, or something anti-American.”
While Sikh leaders have been meeting Presidents and top elected leaders and were warmly received, Singh said, it was realized that it was important to reach out to the common American because the ignorance at that level drives hate crimes against Sikhs.The ads running on national news channels CNN and Fox News, and on local stations in Fresno, the California city with the highest number of Sikhs, shows the community as American neighbors going about their daily lives, professing patriotism and national values but also a shared love for the TV series, “Game of Thrones” and the children’s show, “Sponge Bob Square Pants”.
101 year old athlete Mann Kaur walks the famous Sky Tower and creates record According to sources 101 year old athlete Mann Kaur has become the oldest person to Sky Walk around Aucklands famous landmark Sky Tower. Meanwhile the athlete from India had the world at her feet after a record breaking day at the World Masters Games in Auckland, New Zealand on Thursday. Earlier it was stated that after having set a new world record on the field, she stepped out 192 meters above Auckland city to become the oldest person to Sky Walk around the city’s famous landmark.
- Florida fire shooting kills 17 students
- Neil Chatterjee appointed by Trump for FERC is highly skillful
- Trump condemns the crime in Portland
- PM Narendra Modi addresses NRI's at Muscat soon
- Indian American lawyer Kashyap Patel is the author of controversial Republican memo critical of the FBI
- Child trafficking is a common thing in Atlanta, USA
- NRI's lost bag in Metro Rail returned by CISF
- US Representative Nikki Haley condemned as highly offensive & disgusting rumors spread about her personal life
- Indian Origin British man identified by the US as the Islamic State executioner in Syria
- President Donald Trump imitated accent of Indian PM Modi in a private conversation about Afghanistan
- 65 Year said she was fired when she supported Trump
- Harinder Malhi and Indira Naidoo Harris
- Will Nikki Haley become Secretary for state in 2020 and President in 2024?
- Richest Man in History is Amazon CEO
- . Despite freezing cold weather 8000 devotees and visitors thronged the Hindu Temple of Atlanta