According to sources in Mumbai, Tarun Ramadorai prefers to work out of his father's apartment in Malabar Hills. In Delhi, it's usually the offices of one of the many think tanks. Most of the time, though, he is in London, at the Imperial College Business School, where he works, teaches and researches financial economics.
For the son of former TCS CEO Subramanian Ramadorai, there was enough opportunity to strike it rich in the corporate world. However, Tarun, 42, preferred the world of economics and academia. Moreover among the suggestions made by the Ramadorai committee is a proposal to link all gold transactions by jewelers to PAN cards. While that is to deal with the illegal bit, he suggests that inflation-indexed bonds are another product that can help people invests in financial instruments instead of gold, as also the need to make unsecured credit easily available.
Meanwhile a howl of protests will surely follow the suggestion to link PAN
card. Ramadorai report also notes that the peculiarity of Indian household
finance is the near total absence of investments in pension products and Ramadorai
says the expectation is often that the next generation will take care of the
elderly as is the norm in the traditional Indian joint family structure.
Florida fire shooting kills 17 students Atlanta sources have reported that an Indian American student is among those injured in a shooting in a Florida school where at least 17 students and teachers were killed as a heavily-armed 19 year old went on a shooting spree outside and inside his former high school. The shooter was arrested an hour later.
- 101 years breaks record In Sky Tower
- Neil Chatterjee appointed by Trump for FERC is highly skillful
- Trump condemns the crime in Portland
- PM Narendra Modi addresses NRI's at Muscat soon
- Indian American lawyer Kashyap Patel is the author of controversial Republican memo critical of the FBI
- Child trafficking is a common thing in Atlanta, USA
- NRI's lost bag in Metro Rail returned by CISF
- US Representative Nikki Haley condemned as highly offensive & disgusting rumors spread about her personal life
- Indian Origin British man identified by the US as the Islamic State executioner in Syria
- President Donald Trump imitated accent of Indian PM Modi in a private conversation about Afghanistan
- 65 Year said she was fired when she supported Trump
- Harinder Malhi and Indira Naidoo Harris
- Will Nikki Haley become Secretary for state in 2020 and President in 2024?
- Richest Man in History is Amazon CEO
- . Despite freezing cold weather 8000 devotees and visitors thronged the Hindu Temple of Atlanta