Washington sources have stated that India has emphatically risen with the US administration the issue of H1B and L1 visas, which have facilitated the entry Indian IT professionals, thereby, immensely benefiting the American economy, Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu said.
He said "We raised very strongly the issue of Indian professionals and H1B and L1 visa issues,” Prabhu told reporters here at the end of his official visit to the US during which India held the first trade talks with the US following the election of President Donald Trump.
He said, “We are raising this issue the US economy itself will find it difficult to cope with the reality because the country has immensely benefited by IT professionals penetrating into the market by offering services that have improved their productivity". Meanwhile following Trump’s election on a protectionist platform, the US has announced stricter norms for issuing the H1B and L1 visas.
During his visit over October 25-28, Prabhu held talks with the US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer under the framework of the bilateral Trade Policy Forum (TPF) and co-chaired India and US Commercial Dialogue along with US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross. Prabhu said both countries agreed to address the issue of trade deficit by increasing and diversifying bilateral trade. Moreover, he also said India has sought to ease of procedures for export of mangoes and pomegranates to the US.
Bangladeshi diplomat accused for labor trafficking Sources from New York have stated that a high ranking Bangladeshi diplomat based in New York, accused of forcing his servant to work for up to 18 hours a day without pay, was charged on Monday with labor trafficking and assault. Shahedul Islam, Bangladesh’s Deputy Consul General in New York, faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted.
- Changed status of Nirav Modi as NRI known to Indian Banks
- President Trump pushed for a merit based immigration system that admits skilled people
- 101 year old athlete Mann Kaur walks the famous Sky Tower and creates record
- Florida fire shooting kills 17 students
- Neil Chatterjee appointed by Trump for FERC is highly skillful
- Trump condemns the crime in Portland
- PM Narendra Modi addresses NRI's at Muscat soon
- Indian American lawyer Kashyap Patel is the author of controversial Republican memo critical of the FBI
- Child trafficking is a common thing in Atlanta, USA
- NRI's lost bag in Metro Rail returned by CISF
- US Representative Nikki Haley condemned as highly offensive & disgusting rumors spread about her personal life
- Indian Origin British man identified by the US as the Islamic State executioner in Syria
- President Donald Trump imitated accent of Indian PM Modi in a private conversation about Afghanistan
- 65 Year said she was fired when she supported Trump
- Harinder Malhi and Indira Naidoo Harris