According to sources new US Ambassador to India Kenneth Juster had said currently the US is undertaking a comprehensive review of its visa policy but it’s not focused on any one country or H-1B visas. Meanwhile, he said as the US administration had not yet announced the policy, he can’t comment on the impact it may have.
Juster whos spoke to the media said the visa policy review was not focused on any country or any particular sort of visa and also did not agree that US stance on H-1B visas was contradictory to its policy to promote innovation.
Currently the Donald Trump administration is tightening rules governing H-1B visas. A Congressional committee this month passed a legislation that proposes to hike the minimum salary of H-1B holders from $60,000 to $90,000. The move is likely to impact Indian IT companies.
Changed status of Nirav Modi as NRI known to Indian Banks According to sources it is now clear that Nirav Modi has changed his status in the Indian documents from resident Indian to Non Resident Indian (NRI). Meanwhile this happened sometime last year. It is not known whether Indian banks, especially the Punjab National Bank, were aware of their borrower's status shifting to a NRI. All along, Modi was classified as Indian promoter of his borrowing companies that were issued the letter of undertakings (LoU).
- President Trump pushed for a merit based immigration system that admits skilled people
- 101 year old athlete Mann Kaur walks the famous Sky Tower and creates record
- Florida fire shooting kills 17 students
- Neil Chatterjee appointed by Trump for FERC is highly skillful
- Trump condemns the crime in Portland
- PM Narendra Modi addresses NRI's at Muscat soon
- Indian American lawyer Kashyap Patel is the author of controversial Republican memo critical of the FBI
- Child trafficking is a common thing in Atlanta, USA
- NRI's lost bag in Metro Rail returned by CISF
- US Representative Nikki Haley condemned as highly offensive & disgusting rumors spread about her personal life
- Indian Origin British man identified by the US as the Islamic State executioner in Syria
- President Donald Trump imitated accent of Indian PM Modi in a private conversation about Afghanistan
- 65 Year said she was fired when she supported Trump
- Harinder Malhi and Indira Naidoo Harris
- Will Nikki Haley become Secretary for state in 2020 and President in 2024?