Washington sources have reported that Adam Purinton, 51, was charged with first degree murder in the February shooting at the Austins Bar & Grill in Olathe that killed 32 year old Srinivas Kuchibhotla. Meanwhile he also faces two counts of attempted first-degree murder for wounding another Indian Alok Madasani and American man Ian Grillot.
Further the Kansas City Star reported that Purinton had waived his preliminary hearing and the not guilty plea was entered on his behalf. His next hearing is scheduled for May 8. Purinton also faces hate crime charges. Meanwhile according to prosecutors, Purinton targeted Kuchibhotla and another Indian man because of their race or ethnicity. He reportedly got into an argument with the victims and hurled racial slurs saying, “Get out of my country” and “terrorist” before shooting them. The third man was shot when he tried to help the two victims.
Immediately Purinton left the bar after the shooting
and was arrested some 70 miles away in Clinton, Missouri, at an Applebee’s
restaurant after allegedly telling a bartender he shot the victims and the
incident led to several vigils for the victims and the Indian American
community in Olathe as well as throughout the country.
Changed status of Nirav Modi as NRI known to Indian Banks According to sources it is now clear that Nirav Modi has changed his status in the Indian documents from resident Indian to Non Resident Indian (NRI). Meanwhile this happened sometime last year. It is not known whether Indian banks, especially the Punjab National Bank, were aware of their borrower's status shifting to a NRI. All along, Modi was classified as Indian promoter of his borrowing companies that were issued the letter of undertakings (LoU).
- President Trump pushed for a merit based immigration system that admits skilled people
- 101 year old athlete Mann Kaur walks the famous Sky Tower and creates record
- Florida fire shooting kills 17 students
- Neil Chatterjee appointed by Trump for FERC is highly skillful
- Trump condemns the crime in Portland
- PM Narendra Modi addresses NRI's at Muscat soon
- Indian American lawyer Kashyap Patel is the author of controversial Republican memo critical of the FBI
- Child trafficking is a common thing in Atlanta, USA
- NRI's lost bag in Metro Rail returned by CISF
- US Representative Nikki Haley condemned as highly offensive & disgusting rumors spread about her personal life
- Indian Origin British man identified by the US as the Islamic State executioner in Syria
- President Donald Trump imitated accent of Indian PM Modi in a private conversation about Afghanistan
- 65 Year said she was fired when she supported Trump
- Harinder Malhi and Indira Naidoo Harris
- Will Nikki Haley become Secretary for state in 2020 and President in 2024?