Muscat sources have stated that expats holding Person of Indian Origin (PIO) cards have seven more days to apply for Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cards without inviting an additional charge. Meanwhile according to the Indian Embassy in Muscat the deadline for the free conversion of Person of Indian Origin card to Overseas Citizen of India card is set to expire on December 31, 2017.
The embassy had clarified that "After December, to convert a PIO card to an OCI card, the applicant will have to pay $275(OMR105.7). PIO card holders will not be able to use their cards after the deadline (December 31), if they do not convert them to OCI cards".
The embassy official stated that "as per the International Civil Aviation Organization rules/guidelines, passengers can now travel only with machine-readable travel documents. Therefore, the PIO cards, most of which are hand-written, are being currently converted to OCI cards without any extra fee until December 31, 2017".
Person who killed an Indian student is shot dead by police New York sources reported that man who was a suspect in the killing of an Indian student in Kansas City has been shot dead by police after he shot and wounded three officers on Sunday. Accordingly the man, who had been under surveillance in connection with the fatal shooting of Sharath Koppu on July 6 at a restaurant, was killed during an exchange of fire with police on Sunday.
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- A Sikh gets permit to wear his Turban in American UFC
- H1-B Visa negatively affects Visa Holders in a massive way
- India deserves to play significant role in Russia World Cup
- Kansas City student from Telangana shot dead
- Indian-American interviewed by US President for SC nomination
- Indian-American Raj Shah appointed by Donald Trump in appointment of SC Justice
- CEO for DNC, an Indian-American appointed
- Aruna Miller lost to multimillionaire David Trone in Democratic primary in States 6th District
- Nikki Haley visits India to advance relationship between two countries
- Nikki Haley slammed US President for forcing Citizens into deprivation
- Jury conviction murder with death of a student
- 52 Indians detained under Trump's Zero Tolerance Policy
- Why US Government separated 2000 Children from parents?
- Local residents received $1000 grant from Pollination Projects