New Delhi sources have stated that NRI Jaswir Singh Chana caught a lucky break after leaving his bag in a metro train on Airport Express Line while heading towards IGI from where he was to board a flight to United Kingdom. His bag, which contained currency and valuables worth lakhs, was returned to him within minutes by CISF personnel and the passenger was tracked using CCTV surveillance.
According to sources CISF officers said that 5-10 such cases are reported daily and they have devised a swift mechanism to track passengers soon after finding their unattended bags. "We check the bag for its contents and keep it safely so that it can be given back to the owner. In most cases, however, we track the passenger immediately and use CCTV footage to return the bag. A similar procedure was used when the passenger was still at the platform when we located him".
Moreover the officials said 'If a passenger loses
or forgets their bag, it would in most cases be lying at the station control
room, and the bag returned on Monday contained 900 pounds, a camera, an
i-Phone, passport and travelling documents, among other valuables'.
Rakshas Executive Director given Hope for Tomorrow Award at International Womens Houses Atlanta sources added that recently Raksha’s Executive Director, Aparna Bhattacharyya was given the Hope for Tomorrow Award at International Women’s House’s 10th Annual Night of New Beginnings Gala in recognition of her work for women and children in the community. The event was held at Le Fais do on March 17, 2018.
- Serious concerns about collection of biometric data for Aadhaar in India
- Priyanka Chopra's Quantico ends up with third season
- US security officials apologized Sikh Minister for asking him to remove his turban
- PM Modi in 9th position in US Magazine Forbes 2018 List
- Dr. Sivananda Nyayapathi once again shown his caliber in producing a grand prize-winning portrait
- Kavita, first Indian woman to reach the international level in WWE, is no ordinary sportswoman
- Astronaut Kalpana Chawla inspires Girls of the world
- Padma Shri winner and Physician acquired TV Channel
- Indian American Doctor indicted in Health Insurance Claims
- Democrat Indian-American doctor lost a by-election to Congress in Arizona
- India topped as highest recipient of remittances globally in 2017 with $69 billion
- Brown University First year student wins Jeopardy College Championship
- Pakistan Starlet accused of sexual harassment with her co-star
- Sikh Fighter permitted to wear turban in American UFC
- BanyanWay organizes Hello! events in Metro Atlanta for Indian singles