Washington sources have stated that US President Donald Trump condemned the hate crime in Portland, Oregon, where two men were stabbed to death while trying to stop a man from delivering an anti-Muslim rant at two women on a train.
Sources have stated that “The violent attacks in Portland on Friday are unacceptable. The victims were standing up to hate and intolerance. Our prayers are with them,” Trump on Monday tweeted from the official US President’s account, instead of his personal account".
the tweet was sent after Trump arrived to give remarks at the Arlington
National Cemetery for Memorial Day and three men were attacked last Friday in
Portland after they tried to stop a suspect from verbally disparaging the
women, one of whom was wearing a hijab. Two of them died and another was
seriously wounded. Further the suspect was arrested on Saturday. Portland
police spokesman said the suspect was using “hate speech or biased language”
when riding on the train.
Aisha Yaqoob defeated Wayne Slear in Georgia House of Representatives Atlanta sources reported that Aisha Yaqoob, a woman of color, Muslim, activist and the daughter of Pakistani immigrants, defeated Wayne Slear (71.16% to 28.84%) in the Georgia House of Representatives District 97 Democratic primary election on Tuesday. She will face Republican Bonnie Rich in November.
- Trump nominated Diane Gujarati to Federal judgeship
- Rakshas Executive Director given Hope for Tomorrow Award at International Womens Houses
- Serious concerns about collection of biometric data for Aadhaar in India
- Priyanka Chopra's Quantico ends up with third season
- US security officials apologized Sikh Minister for asking him to remove his turban
- PM Modi in 9th position in US Magazine Forbes 2018 List
- Dr. Sivananda Nyayapathi once again shown his caliber in producing a grand prize-winning portrait
- Kavita, first Indian woman to reach the international level in WWE, is no ordinary sportswoman
- Astronaut Kalpana Chawla inspires Girls of the world
- Padma Shri winner and Physician acquired TV Channel
- Indian American Doctor indicted in Health Insurance Claims
- Democrat Indian-American doctor lost a by-election to Congress in Arizona
- India topped as highest recipient of remittances globally in 2017 with $69 billion
- Brown University First year student wins Jeopardy College Championship
- Pakistan Starlet accused of sexual harassment with her co-star