Washington sources have stated that US President Donald Trump has appointed Neil Chatterjee to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, which oversees electricity, natural gas and oil at the national level. Chatterjee will play a key role in Trump’s program to reshape energy policy, most of which is opposed by environmentalists and Democrats, if his appointment is confirmed by the Senate.
Sources have stated that he is the second Indian American to be appointed by Trump to a major regulatory position with a controversial mission. The other is Ajit Pai, the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, who is spearheading the administration’s drive to end net neutrality, a policy that prevents internet service providers from giving special treatment to preferred web companies.
held the influential position of energy policy advisor to Senate Majority
Leader Mitch McConnell and helped shape energy legislation and his work backed
the Senator’s campaign against regulations to restrict use of coal for
electricity generation. Between his stints on Congressional staff, he has been
a lobbyist for the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association.
Person who killed an Indian student is shot dead by police New York sources reported that man who was a suspect in the killing of an Indian student in Kansas City has been shot dead by police after he shot and wounded three officers on Sunday. Accordingly the man, who had been under surveillance in connection with the fatal shooting of Sharath Koppu on July 6 at a restaurant, was killed during an exchange of fire with police on Sunday.
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- A Sikh gets permit to wear his Turban in American UFC
- H1-B Visa negatively affects Visa Holders in a massive way
- India deserves to play significant role in Russia World Cup
- Kansas City student from Telangana shot dead
- Indian-American interviewed by US President for SC nomination
- Indian-American Raj Shah appointed by Donald Trump in appointment of SC Justice
- CEO for DNC, an Indian-American appointed
- Aruna Miller lost to multimillionaire David Trone in Democratic primary in States 6th District
- Nikki Haley visits India to advance relationship between two countries
- Nikki Haley slammed US President for forcing Citizens into deprivation
- Jury conviction murder with death of a student
- 52 Indians detained under Trump's Zero Tolerance Policy
- Why US Government separated 2000 Children from parents?
- Local residents received $1000 grant from Pollination Projects