Washington sources have stated that US President Donald Trump has appointed Neil Chatterjee to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, which oversees electricity, natural gas and oil at the national level. Chatterjee will play a key role in Trump’s program to reshape energy policy, most of which is opposed by environmentalists and Democrats, if his appointment is confirmed by the Senate.
Sources have stated that he is the second Indian American to be appointed by Trump to a major regulatory position with a controversial mission. The other is Ajit Pai, the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, who is spearheading the administration’s drive to end net neutrality, a policy that prevents internet service providers from giving special treatment to preferred web companies.
held the influential position of energy policy advisor to Senate Majority
Leader Mitch McConnell and helped shape energy legislation and his work backed
the Senator’s campaign against regulations to restrict use of coal for
electricity generation. Between his stints on Congressional staff, he has been
a lobbyist for the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association.
Ro Khanna to revoke Myanmar State Counselor Suu Kyi Congressional Gold Medal Washington sources reported that Indian American Congressman Ro Khanna has said that he wants to revoke Myanmar State Counselor Suu Kyi’s Congressional Gold Medal, the highest civilian honor in the US, which was bestowed on her with much fanfare six years ago. Meanwhile Nobel Peace Prize
- Americans wants Trump to be focused and Presidential: Pramila Jayapal
- India inclusion on US Trade list point of friction between New Delhi & Washington
- Indian Woman Research Scholar of University of Washington awarded
- Indian origins involve in multi-million Call center scam
- India called US for issuance of H-1B Visas
- AR. Rahman rocks Atlanta people by his Music
- Aisha Yaqoob defeated Wayne Slear
- American Federal Judge arrests of immigrants week Green Card
- Donald Trump administration supporting Asian Americans suing Ivy League Harvard University
- UN Assistant Secretary General appointment for Indian
- 140 nations participating in AMVER, providing a global safety net for mariners
- Indo-Canadian Business Man awarded for defamed in fake news
- Sikh killed by Store Worker arrested
- Another Sikh stabbed to death in US
- Indian based restaurateur targeted for racist rant