Washington sources have stated that US President Donald Trump has appointed Neil Chatterjee to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, which oversees electricity, natural gas and oil at the national level. Chatterjee will play a key role in Trump’s program to reshape energy policy, most of which is opposed by environmentalists and Democrats, if his appointment is confirmed by the Senate.
Sources have stated that he is the second Indian American to be appointed by Trump to a major regulatory position with a controversial mission. The other is Ajit Pai, the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, who is spearheading the administration’s drive to end net neutrality, a policy that prevents internet service providers from giving special treatment to preferred web companies.
held the influential position of energy policy advisor to Senate Majority
Leader Mitch McConnell and helped shape energy legislation and his work backed
the Senator’s campaign against regulations to restrict use of coal for
electricity generation. Between his stints on Congressional staff, he has been
a lobbyist for the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association.
Pakistan Starlet accused of sexual harassment with her co-star Pakistan sources stated that Pakistani actress cum model and singer Meesha Shafi has accused fellow Pakistani artiste Ali Zafar of sexual harassment. Meesha said "She has been subjected to sexual harassment of a physical nature at the hands of a colleague from her industry: Ali Zafar. These incidences did not happen when she was young or just entering the industry".
- Sikh Fighter permitted to wear turban in American UFC
- BanyanWay organizes Hello! events in Metro Atlanta for Indian singles
- USCIS reached Congressional mandated H-1B Visa Cap
- April 20 is opening of Free Primary Diagnostic Medical Clinic at Atlanta
- Why Harward University admission filed sued by Asian American?
- US Officials to discuss trilateral talks with India and China
- Oscar nominated filmmaker interested to watch Indian Movies
- Will Aruna Miller fight against the Gun violence as promised?
- Indian origin astronaut lends her helping hand in developing spacecraft
- Thousands of teenagers, teachers march, for US Congress to pass tighter gun-control laws
- A Campaign to create awareness of Sikhism in US
- 19 year old Indian student won a 1,000 pound grant
- President Donald Trump dumped his top diplomat Rex Tillerson
- Indian American holds First place in Democratic Primary
- Can NRI's invest in Mutual funds in India?