Washington sources have stated that US President Donald Trump has appointed Neil Chatterjee to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, which oversees electricity, natural gas and oil at the national level. Chatterjee will play a key role in Trump’s program to reshape energy policy, most of which is opposed by environmentalists and Democrats, if his appointment is confirmed by the Senate.
Sources have stated that he is the second Indian American to be appointed by Trump to a major regulatory position with a controversial mission. The other is Ajit Pai, the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, who is spearheading the administration’s drive to end net neutrality, a policy that prevents internet service providers from giving special treatment to preferred web companies.
held the influential position of energy policy advisor to Senate Majority
Leader Mitch McConnell and helped shape energy legislation and his work backed
the Senator’s campaign against regulations to restrict use of coal for
electricity generation. Between his stints on Congressional staff, he has been
a lobbyist for the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association.
President Trump pushed for a merit based immigration system that admits skilled people According to sources op Republican lawmaker has moved amendments to a White House backed immigration bill to improve existing high skilled, merit based immigration laws, a proposal that could benefit technology professionals from countries like India.
- 101 year old athlete Mann Kaur walks the famous Sky Tower and creates record
- Florida fire shooting kills 17 students
- Neil Chatterjee appointed by Trump for FERC is highly skillful
- Trump condemns the crime in Portland
- PM Narendra Modi addresses NRI's at Muscat soon
- Indian American lawyer Kashyap Patel is the author of controversial Republican memo critical of the FBI
- Child trafficking is a common thing in Atlanta, USA
- NRI's lost bag in Metro Rail returned by CISF
- US Representative Nikki Haley condemned as highly offensive & disgusting rumors spread about her personal life
- Indian Origin British man identified by the US as the Islamic State executioner in Syria
- President Donald Trump imitated accent of Indian PM Modi in a private conversation about Afghanistan
- 65 Year said she was fired when she supported Trump
- Harinder Malhi and Indira Naidoo Harris
- Will Nikki Haley become Secretary for state in 2020 and President in 2024?
- Richest Man in History is Amazon CEO