Washington sources have stated that US President Donald Trump has appointed Neil Chatterjee to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, which oversees electricity, natural gas and oil at the national level. Chatterjee will play a key role in Trump’s program to reshape energy policy, most of which is opposed by environmentalists and Democrats, if his appointment is confirmed by the Senate.
Sources have stated that he is the second Indian American to be appointed by Trump to a major regulatory position with a controversial mission. The other is Ajit Pai, the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, who is spearheading the administration’s drive to end net neutrality, a policy that prevents internet service providers from giving special treatment to preferred web companies.
held the influential position of energy policy advisor to Senate Majority
Leader Mitch McConnell and helped shape energy legislation and his work backed
the Senator’s campaign against regulations to restrict use of coal for
electricity generation. Between his stints on Congressional staff, he has been
a lobbyist for the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association.
Hillary Clinton met SEWA Headquarters Rural Women Artisans in India Sources from Ahmedabad stated that Hillary Clinton visited the Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA) headquarters here and was joined by designer Anita Dongre. The former US First Lady’s visit was seen as an encouragement for women from rural India. Meanwhile the non-profit organization has been working towards the upliftment of women in rural India for over four decades.
- Mira animated mystery adventure series inspired by Indian culture
- Pramila Jayapal recruited Indian American as her Chief of Staff
- Cardiologist pleaded guilty for prescribing addictive drugs
- Will Indian Govt start Air India service from Atlanta?
- US government announced plans to change H1-B visa program
- Wedding Ceremony of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas began with Pooja
- Will Aamir Khan's Thugs of Hindostan receive positive response in China?
- Nick Jonas reached India ahead of his wedding with Priyanka Chopra
- American Tourist killed Trials in Andaman Island
- Indian origin Professor in US treated Students as his servants
- Indian students studying in US raised by 5%
- Hate crimes reported to the FBI soared about 17%
- Charm of owning a property in ones homeland been a driving factor for NRIs
- Donald Trump puts an end to law granting citizenship to all children born in US territory
- H1B Visa issue - All you need to know