Washington sources have stated that President Donald Trump, upset over the issue of high import duty on Harley-Davidson motorcycles in India, has said that Washington was “getting nothing” despite India’s announcement of slashing customs duty on imported motorcycles to 50%. Meanwhile he also imitated Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, but this time without the Indian accent.
Further Trump described Modi as a “fantastic and a beautiful man” while talking about his recent conversation with him in which India informed the US about reduced tariffs on imported motorcycles, but Trump said that US was “getting nothing”.
Trump said in his remarks to a gathering of
governors of all the states at the White House that “When they (Harley
Davidson) send a motorcycle to India, as an example, they have to pay 100% tax,
100%". He added that the Indian Prime Minister, who he thinks is a
fantastic man, called him the other day and said we are lowering it to 50% and
he said okay, but so far they are getting nothing. So we get nothing. He gets
50% and they think they are doing us a favor and that’s not a favor".
Pramila Jayapal recruited Indian American as her Chief of Staff Washington sources added a former Indian American White House official has been recruited by Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal as her Chief of Staff. Meanwhile Gautam Raghavan used to be the White House liaison to the LGBTQ community as well as the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community during former President Barack Obama’s time.
- Cardiologist pleaded guilty for prescribing addictive drugs
- Will Indian Govt start Air India service from Atlanta?
- US government announced plans to change H1-B visa program
- Wedding Ceremony of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas began with Pooja
- Will Aamir Khan's Thugs of Hindostan receive positive response in China?
- Nick Jonas reached India ahead of his wedding with Priyanka Chopra
- American Tourist killed Trials in Andaman Island
- Indian origin Professor in US treated Students as his servants
- Indian students studying in US raised by 5%
- Hate crimes reported to the FBI soared about 17%
- Charm of owning a property in ones homeland been a driving factor for NRIs
- Donald Trump puts an end to law granting citizenship to all children born in US territory
- H1B Visa issue - All you need to know
- 4 Indian American members of House of Representatives re-elected
- Indian origin man charged in US with H-1B visa & mail fraud