Washington sources have stated that President Donald Trump, upset over the issue of high import duty on Harley-Davidson motorcycles in India, has said that Washington was “getting nothing” despite India’s announcement of slashing customs duty on imported motorcycles to 50%. Meanwhile he also imitated Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, but this time without the Indian accent.
Further Trump described Modi as a “fantastic and a beautiful man” while talking about his recent conversation with him in which India informed the US about reduced tariffs on imported motorcycles, but Trump said that US was “getting nothing”.
Trump said in his remarks to a gathering of
governors of all the states at the White House that “When they (Harley
Davidson) send a motorcycle to India, as an example, they have to pay 100% tax,
100%". He added that the Indian Prime Minister, who he thinks is a
fantastic man, called him the other day and said we are lowering it to 50% and
he said okay, but so far they are getting nothing. So we get nothing. He gets
50% and they think they are doing us a favor and that’s not a favor".
Campaign to create awareness of Sikhism in US & fight prejudice won a top award New York sources reported that “We Are Sikhs” campaign received the top 2018 PRWeek US award in the category of Public Cause. Meanwhile the campaign launched last year on Baisakhi by the National Sikh Campaign (NSC) and executed by FP1 Strategies, won the award for effectively projecting the Sikhs as neighbors and everyday Americans who face discrimination due to ignorance of their faith.
- 19 year old Indian student won a 1,000 pound grant
- President Donald Trump dumped his top diplomat Rex Tillerson
- Indian American holds First place in Democratic Primary
- Can NRI's invest in Mutual funds in India?
- Rare signed Gandhi photo auctioned in US
- Indian nationals foreign investor group in Dubai real estate, bought properties worth 83.65 billion
- Chicago's campaign about Trump's immigration policies catapulted
- Number of US citizens who want more gun control is growing
- US President imitated PM Narendra Modi on Harley Davidson tariff issue
- Muslim girl murdered after returning from US Mosque
- Group in Maharashtra Aurangabad filed complaints against Priya Varrier
- Bangladeshi diplomat accused for labor trafficking
- Changed status of Nirav Modi as NRI known to Indian Banks
- President Trump pushed for a merit based immigration system that admits skilled people
- 101 year old athlete Mann Kaur walks the famous Sky Tower and creates record