Washington sources have stated that three quarters of Americans said gun laws should be stricter than they are today, up from 68% in a October 2017 survey following the Las Vegas shooting, Xinhua cited the latest poll as saying that the poll also found widespread bipartisan support for gun control policies, including expanding background check for all gun buyers (94%), adding people with mental illnesses to the federal gun background check system (92%), raising the legal age to purchase guns from 18 to 21 (82%), banning bump stocks (81%), banning high-capacity ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds (73%) and banning assault-style weapons (72%).
However, there was a clear cut partisan gulf since 68% of Republicans favored US President Donald Trump’s proposal of training teachers to carry guns in schools, compared to just 18 per cent of Democrats. Meanwhile overall, 59% of the polled said they opposed to Trump’s idea, which was previously proposed by the National Rifle Association (NRA).
in a televised White House meeting with lawmakers on Wednesday, Trump suggested
he was open to expanding background checks and possibly raising the age to
purchase an AR-15, questioning Republicans’ relationship with the NRA. Further Trump
told Republican lawmakers at the meeting that they have great power over you
people. They have less power over him”. “Some of you people are petrified of
the NRA. You can’t be petrified.”
Nikki Haley slammed US President for forcing Citizens into deprivation Washington sources reported that US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley has slammed the “misleading and politically motivated” UN report on poverty and inequality in the country that accuses President Donald Trump of forcing millions of citizens into deprivation. As per report Philip Alston, a New York University law and human rights professor, led the study travelling across US. He said that the US was fast becoming a “champion of inequality.
- Jury conviction murder with death of a student
- 52 Indians detained under Trump's Zero Tolerance Policy
- Why US Government separated 2000 Children from parents?
- Local residents received $1000 grant from Pollination Projects
- Sushma Swaraj revoked passports of NRIs
- ABC Studios apologies for showing Indian nationalists as terrorists
- Ramzan special Iftar Dinner hosted by Donald Trump
- Is there any affair between Priyanka Chopra & American Singer?
- Indian children monopolized in Spelling Bee championship
- Indian American CEO of IT Company found guilty of bribing
- Aisha Yaqoob defeated Wayne Slear in Georgia House of Representatives
- Trump nominated Diane Gujarati to Federal judgeship
- Rakshas Executive Director given Hope for Tomorrow Award at International Womens Houses
- Serious concerns about collection of biometric data for Aadhaar in India
- Priyanka Chopra's Quantico ends up with third season