Washington sources have stated that three quarters of Americans said gun laws should be stricter than they are today, up from 68% in a October 2017 survey following the Las Vegas shooting, Xinhua cited the latest poll as saying that the poll also found widespread bipartisan support for gun control policies, including expanding background check for all gun buyers (94%), adding people with mental illnesses to the federal gun background check system (92%), raising the legal age to purchase guns from 18 to 21 (82%), banning bump stocks (81%), banning high-capacity ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds (73%) and banning assault-style weapons (72%).
However, there was a clear cut partisan gulf since 68% of Republicans favored US President Donald Trump’s proposal of training teachers to carry guns in schools, compared to just 18 per cent of Democrats. Meanwhile overall, 59% of the polled said they opposed to Trump’s idea, which was previously proposed by the National Rifle Association (NRA).
in a televised White House meeting with lawmakers on Wednesday, Trump suggested
he was open to expanding background checks and possibly raising the age to
purchase an AR-15, questioning Republicans’ relationship with the NRA. Further Trump
told Republican lawmakers at the meeting that they have great power over you
people. They have less power over him”. “Some of you people are petrified of
the NRA. You can’t be petrified.”
Campaign to create awareness of Sikhism in US & fight prejudice won a top award New York sources reported that “We Are Sikhs” campaign received the top 2018 PRWeek US award in the category of Public Cause. Meanwhile the campaign launched last year on Baisakhi by the National Sikh Campaign (NSC) and executed by FP1 Strategies, won the award for effectively projecting the Sikhs as neighbors and everyday Americans who face discrimination due to ignorance of their faith.
- 19 year old Indian student won a 1,000 pound grant
- President Donald Trump dumped his top diplomat Rex Tillerson
- Indian American holds First place in Democratic Primary
- Can NRI's invest in Mutual funds in India?
- Rare signed Gandhi photo auctioned in US
- Indian nationals foreign investor group in Dubai real estate, bought properties worth 83.65 billion
- Chicago's campaign about Trump's immigration policies catapulted
- Number of US citizens who want more gun control is growing
- US President imitated PM Narendra Modi on Harley Davidson tariff issue
- Muslim girl murdered after returning from US Mosque
- Group in Maharashtra Aurangabad filed complaints against Priya Varrier
- Bangladeshi diplomat accused for labor trafficking
- Changed status of Nirav Modi as NRI known to Indian Banks
- President Trump pushed for a merit based immigration system that admits skilled people
- 101 year old athlete Mann Kaur walks the famous Sky Tower and creates record