Washington sources have made a statement that the US city of Chicago is launching a campaign in response to President Donald Trump’s threats to cut off funding for sanctuary cities. Sanctuary city is a broad term applied to jurisdictions with policies in place to limit cooperation or involvement with federal immigration actions.
Many US cities, counties and some states have a myriad of informal policies and laws that qualify as “sanctuary” positions. It was stated that “One Chicago” was established in response to the growing needs of the city’s refugee and immigrant populations.
The campaign slogan reads: “Three million
residents, three million stories, one Chicago”. Mayor Rahm Emmanuel and several
others kicked off the event at the DuSable Museum of African American History
and the Emmanuel spoke of his grandfather, who journeyed to the US when he was
13 years old. Moreover he added “This country, the place he calls home, the
place my grandfather said without a word of English his grandson is the mayor.
This is the greatest city in the greatest country in the world.”
President Donald Trump dumped his top diplomat Rex Tillerson New York sources reported that Pompeo, becoming the Secretary of State, will firm up the hard line leadership in the foreign policy and national security establishment, where those with military experience will dominate. Meanwhile the change at the State Department is unlikely to have any impact on India as the influential national security establishment has signed off on Trump’s elevation of India’s role in South Asia and the Indo-Pacific region and the approaches to those regions in general.
- Indian American holds First place in Democratic Primary
- Can NRI's invest in Mutual funds in India?
- Rare signed Gandhi photo auctioned in US
- Indian nationals foreign investor group in Dubai real estate, bought properties worth 83.65 billion
- Chicago's campaign about Trump's immigration policies catapulted
- Number of US citizens who want more gun control is growing
- US President imitated PM Narendra Modi on Harley Davidson tariff issue
- Muslim girl murdered after returning from US Mosque
- Group in Maharashtra Aurangabad filed complaints against Priya Varrier
- Bangladeshi diplomat accused for labor trafficking
- Changed status of Nirav Modi as NRI known to Indian Banks
- President Trump pushed for a merit based immigration system that admits skilled people
- 101 year old athlete Mann Kaur walks the famous Sky Tower and creates record
- Florida fire shooting kills 17 students
- Neil Chatterjee appointed by Trump for FERC is highly skillful