Washington sources have made a statement that the US city of Chicago is launching a campaign in response to President Donald Trump’s threats to cut off funding for sanctuary cities. Sanctuary city is a broad term applied to jurisdictions with policies in place to limit cooperation or involvement with federal immigration actions.
Many US cities, counties and some states have a myriad of informal policies and laws that qualify as “sanctuary” positions. It was stated that “One Chicago” was established in response to the growing needs of the city’s refugee and immigrant populations.
The campaign slogan reads: “Three million
residents, three million stories, one Chicago”. Mayor Rahm Emmanuel and several
others kicked off the event at the DuSable Museum of African American History
and the Emmanuel spoke of his grandfather, who journeyed to the US when he was
13 years old. Moreover he added “This country, the place he calls home, the
place my grandfather said without a word of English his grandson is the mayor.
This is the greatest city in the greatest country in the world.”
Why US Government separated 2000 Children from parents? Washington sources reported that US government has separated at least 2,000 children from parents at the Mexico border since implementing a policy that results in such family separations, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has confirmed. As per report from April 19 through May 31 of this year, 1,995 minors travelling with 1,940 adults who said they were the children’s guardians were separated due to the policy.
- Local residents received $1000 grant from Pollination Projects
- Sushma Swaraj revoked passports of NRIs
- ABC Studios apologies for showing Indian nationalists as terrorists
- Ramzan special Iftar Dinner hosted by Donald Trump
- Is there any affair between Priyanka Chopra & American Singer?
- Indian children monopolized in Spelling Bee championship
- Indian American CEO of IT Company found guilty of bribing
- Aisha Yaqoob defeated Wayne Slear in Georgia House of Representatives
- Trump nominated Diane Gujarati to Federal judgeship
- Rakshas Executive Director given Hope for Tomorrow Award at International Womens Houses
- Serious concerns about collection of biometric data for Aadhaar in India
- Priyanka Chopra's Quantico ends up with third season
- US security officials apologized Sikh Minister for asking him to remove his turban
- Dr. Sivananda Nyayapathi once again shown his caliber in producing a grand prize-winning portrait
- Kavita, first Indian woman to reach the international level in WWE, is no ordinary sportswoman