Washington sources have made a statement that the US city of Chicago is launching a campaign in response to President Donald Trump’s threats to cut off funding for sanctuary cities. Sanctuary city is a broad term applied to jurisdictions with policies in place to limit cooperation or involvement with federal immigration actions.
Many US cities, counties and some states have a myriad of informal policies and laws that qualify as “sanctuary” positions. It was stated that “One Chicago” was established in response to the growing needs of the city’s refugee and immigrant populations.
The campaign slogan reads: “Three million
residents, three million stories, one Chicago”. Mayor Rahm Emmanuel and several
others kicked off the event at the DuSable Museum of African American History
and the Emmanuel spoke of his grandfather, who journeyed to the US when he was
13 years old. Moreover he added “This country, the place he calls home, the
place my grandfather said without a word of English his grandson is the mayor.
This is the greatest city in the greatest country in the world.”
Americans wants Trump to be focused and Presidential: Pramila Jayapal Washington sources reported that Indian-American Congressman Pramila Jayapal has said Americans are recognizing that they don’t trust the US President who has maintained that he knew nothing about what was went on in his campaign. Meanwhile her comments came after Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges last week.
- India inclusion on US Trade list point of friction between New Delhi & Washington
- Indian Woman Research Scholar of University of Washington awarded
- Indian origins involve in multi-million Call center scam
- India called US for issuance of H-1B Visas
- AR. Rahman rocks Atlanta people by his Music
- Aisha Yaqoob defeated Wayne Slear
- American Federal Judge arrests of immigrants week Green Card
- Donald Trump administration supporting Asian Americans suing Ivy League Harvard University
- UN Assistant Secretary General appointment for Indian
- 140 nations participating in AMVER, providing a global safety net for mariners
- Indo-Canadian Business Man awarded for defamed in fake news
- Sikh killed by Store Worker arrested
- Another Sikh stabbed to death in US
- Indian based restaurateur targeted for racist rant
- US Secretary greeted India on its Independence Day