Washington sources have stated that a rare signed photo of Indian independence leader Mahatma Gandhi fetched nearly $42,000 at an auction in US, while more than $53,000 was paid for an extremely rare letter penned by 19th-century German philosopher and communist theorist Karl Marx. Accordingly September 1931 photo, in which Gandhi is seen walking alongside Indian politician Madan Mohan Malaviya after the second session of India’s Round Table Conference in London, is signed “MK Gandhi” with a fountain pen.
RR Auction Executive Vice President Bobby Livingston said of the photo, which was sold on Thursday for $41,806 in Boston We are not surprised that this giant of the 20th century still resonates". Meanwhile Marx’s letter, dated October 1, 1879, fetched $53,509 at the same auction. Moreover in the letter sent from London, Marx requests copies of his book “Revelations” from noted radical English editor Collet Dobson.
Marx wrote “On his return from the seaside he
found your letter dated 23 September. You will much oblige him by being so kind
as to forward me some of the copies of the ‘Revelations,’ as he has none
left". Livingston said “Marx letters are extraordinarily rare and
virtually nonexistent outside of institutions in almost forty years of
business, this is the only one we have ever encountered”.
52 Indians detained under Trump's Zero Tolerance Policy Atlanta sources reported that the Asia Pacific American Network of Oregon said fifty-two Indians are among those held at a federal prison in Oregan under the Trump administration’s ”zero-tolerance” policy against illegal immigration. Meanwhile over the last month, 123 immigrants seeking asylum have been detained and transferred to Oregon’s Sheridan federal prison in Yamhill County.
- Why US Government separated 2000 Children from parents?
- Local residents received $1000 grant from Pollination Projects
- Sushma Swaraj revoked passports of NRIs
- ABC Studios apologies for showing Indian nationalists as terrorists
- Ramzan special Iftar Dinner hosted by Donald Trump
- Is there any affair between Priyanka Chopra & American Singer?
- Indian children monopolized in Spelling Bee championship
- Indian American CEO of IT Company found guilty of bribing
- Aisha Yaqoob defeated Wayne Slear in Georgia House of Representatives
- Trump nominated Diane Gujarati to Federal judgeship
- Rakshas Executive Director given Hope for Tomorrow Award at International Womens Houses
- Serious concerns about collection of biometric data for Aadhaar in India
- Priyanka Chopra's Quantico ends up with third season
- US security officials apologized Sikh Minister for asking him to remove his turban
- Dr. Sivananda Nyayapathi once again shown his caliber in producing a grand prize-winning portrait