Atlanta sources have reported that with the idea of giving back to the community, a free clinic is all set to open on April 20, 2018 at the Georgia Clinic’s Norcross location. Meanwhile a joint altruistic endeavor of the Dr. Naresh & Asha Parikh Charitable Foundation, Georgia Gujarati Doctors and Dentists Association, Gujarati Samaj of Atlanta, Gujarati Cultural Association, Shree Ambaji Shakti Mandir of USA, Gokul Dham of Atlanta and Sardar Patel Foundation of North America.
Meanwhile at a press conference held on March 9 at the Norcross location, Dr. Vasudev Patel, who along with Drs Naresh and Asha Parikh (of Georgia Clinic) came up with the idea of the clinic, said their fully equipped primary diagnostic center hopes to serve the Indian community, especially students coming from India, visiting parents, family members who live in the US but have limited resources to obtain medical help etc.
Dr. Patel said “Our community has over 100,000 people in the metro Atlanta
area, which means our medical needs have also increased. He added we have a
couple of free clinics and some medical camps where medical professionals are
volunteering their services for a few hours. Our clinic will be open every Friday
from 12 noon to 4.30 pm" adding that theirs was the first free clinic to
be housed in a multi-specialty facility that is located in the heart of metro
India topped as highest recipient of remittances globally in 2017 with $69 billion Washington sources reported that as per a statement "Remittance inflows improved in all regions and the top remittance recipients were India with $69 billion, followed by China ($64 billion), the Philippines ($33 billion), Mexico ($31 billion), Nigeria ($22 billion), and Egypt ($20 billion)". Meanwhile the remittances to India rose sharply by 9.9% in 2017, reversing the previous year’s sharp decline.
- Brown University First year student wins Jeopardy College Championship
- Pakistan Starlet accused of sexual harassment with her co-star
- Sikh Fighter permitted to wear turban in American UFC
- BanyanWay organizes Hello! events in Metro Atlanta for Indian singles
- USCIS reached Congressional mandated H-1B Visa Cap
- April 20 is opening of Free Primary Diagnostic Medical Clinic at Atlanta
- Why Harward University admission filed sued by Asian American?
- US Officials to discuss trilateral talks with India and China
- Oscar nominated filmmaker interested to watch Indian Movies
- Will Aruna Miller fight against the Gun violence as promised?
- Indian origin astronaut lends her helping hand in developing spacecraft
- Thousands of teenagers, teachers march, for US Congress to pass tighter gun-control laws
- A Campaign to create awareness of Sikhism in US
- 19 year old Indian student won a 1,000 pound grant
- President Donald Trump dumped his top diplomat Rex Tillerson