Atlanta sources reported that the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced on April 6, 2018 that it has reached the congressional mandated 65,000 H-1B visa cap for fiscal year 2019. USCIS has also received a sufficient number of H-1B petitions to meet the 20,000 visa U.S. advanced degree exemption, known as the master’s cap.
Meanwhile the agency will reject and return filing fees for all unselected cap-subject petitions that are not prohibited multiple filings. Accordingly USCIS will continue to accept and process petitions that are otherwise exempt from the cap". Further the petitions filed for current H-1B workers who have been counted previously against the cap, and who still retain their cap number, will also not be counted toward the FY 2019 H-1B cap.
Moreover extend the amount of time a current H-1B worker may remain in the United States; Change the terms of employment for current H-1B workers; Allow current H-1B workers to change employers; and Allow current H-1B workers to work concurrently in a second H-1B position. Further USCIS, in March, announced the suspension of premium processing of all H-1B visa petitions for fiscal year 2019, saying that the temporary suspension would help reduce the “overall H-1B visa processing time”.
Hillary Clinton met SEWA Headquarters Rural Women Artisans in India Sources from Ahmedabad stated that Hillary Clinton visited the Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA) headquarters here and was joined by designer Anita Dongre. The former US First Lady’s visit was seen as an encouragement for women from rural India. Meanwhile the non-profit organization has been working towards the upliftment of women in rural India for over four decades.
- Mira animated mystery adventure series inspired by Indian culture
- Pramila Jayapal recruited Indian American as her Chief of Staff
- Cardiologist pleaded guilty for prescribing addictive drugs
- Will Indian Govt start Air India service from Atlanta?
- US government announced plans to change H1-B visa program
- Wedding Ceremony of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas began with Pooja
- Will Aamir Khan's Thugs of Hindostan receive positive response in China?
- Nick Jonas reached India ahead of his wedding with Priyanka Chopra
- American Tourist killed Trials in Andaman Island
- Indian origin Professor in US treated Students as his servants
- Indian students studying in US raised by 5%
- Hate crimes reported to the FBI soared about 17%
- Charm of owning a property in ones homeland been a driving factor for NRIs
- Donald Trump puts an end to law granting citizenship to all children born in US territory
- H1B Visa issue - All you need to know