New York sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi figures among the 10 most powerful people in the world in US magazine Forbes’ 2018 list that is topped by Chinese President Xi Jinping, while Reliance Industries (RIL) Chairman Mukesh Ambani is the only Indian businessman to feature in the list of 75.
Accordingly Modi, who is ranked 9th and Ambani at 32, are the only two Indians on the Forbes World’s Most Powerful People list that was released. Forbes said "There are nearly 7.5 billion humans on planet Earth, but these 75 men and women make the world turn. Forbes’ annual ranking of The World’s Most Powerful People identifies one person out of every 100 million whose actions mean the most".
according to Forbes, to compile the list it considered hundreds of candidates
worldwide, from various walks of life, and measured their power along four
dimensions of whether the person has power over lots of people, financial
resources controlled by each person, whether the candidate is powerful in
multiple spheres and whether the candidates actively used their power.
Trump nominated Diane Gujarati to Federal judgeship Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump nominated Diane Gujarati, a prosecutor of Indian descent, to a federal judgeship on Thursday in an unusual move as she had been former President Barack Obama’s choice for the position.
- Rakshas Executive Director given Hope for Tomorrow Award at International Womens Houses
- Serious concerns about collection of biometric data for Aadhaar in India
- Priyanka Chopra's Quantico ends up with third season
- US security officials apologized Sikh Minister for asking him to remove his turban
- PM Modi in 9th position in US Magazine Forbes 2018 List
- Dr. Sivananda Nyayapathi once again shown his caliber in producing a grand prize-winning portrait
- Kavita, first Indian woman to reach the international level in WWE, is no ordinary sportswoman
- Astronaut Kalpana Chawla inspires Girls of the world
- Padma Shri winner and Physician acquired TV Channel
- Indian American Doctor indicted in Health Insurance Claims
- Democrat Indian-American doctor lost a by-election to Congress in Arizona
- India topped as highest recipient of remittances globally in 2017 with $69 billion
- Brown University First year student wins Jeopardy College Championship
- Pakistan Starlet accused of sexual harassment with her co-star
- Sikh Fighter permitted to wear turban in American UFC