Ottawa sources stated that security officials have apologized after a Sikh minister of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Cabinet was asked to remove his turban at a US airport before boarding a flight last year. Meanwhile the Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Navdeep Bains said the incident happened at Detroit Metro Airport on his way back to Canada in April 2017.
Media reports that Bains said the security guards asked him to undergo special screening because of his turban, despite passing through the metal detector, but the test malfunctioned. Moreover that is when a security official asked him to remove his turban for inspection. Further Bains said he pushed back and asked them to do the test again during the April 2017 incident. He said security agents at a Detroit airport were “very insistent and very difficult” when he told them he did not want to remove his turban.
Furthermore he said he was proud to represent the Sikh community. “As a
Sikh, wearing the turban is considered one of the most dutiful acts for a
person of faith, and he is proud to represent my community unfortunately these
types of incidents do occur from time to time, to minorities in particular.”
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes