Ottawa sources stated that security officials have apologized after a Sikh minister of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Cabinet was asked to remove his turban at a US airport before boarding a flight last year. Meanwhile the Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Navdeep Bains said the incident happened at Detroit Metro Airport on his way back to Canada in April 2017.
Media reports that Bains said the security guards asked him to undergo special screening because of his turban, despite passing through the metal detector, but the test malfunctioned. Moreover that is when a security official asked him to remove his turban for inspection. Further Bains said he pushed back and asked them to do the test again during the April 2017 incident. He said security agents at a Detroit airport were “very insistent and very difficult” when he told them he did not want to remove his turban.
Furthermore he said he was proud to represent the Sikh community. “As a
Sikh, wearing the turban is considered one of the most dutiful acts for a
person of faith, and he is proud to represent my community unfortunately these
types of incidents do occur from time to time, to minorities in particular.”
Nisha Sejwal killed in mid air plane collision Washington sources reported that Indian teenager has been killed along with two other persons after two small planes collided mid-air in the US state of Florida. The authorities have said Nisha Sejwal, 19, was killed in the accident on Tuesday along with Jorge Sanchez, 22, and Ralph Knight, 72, the Federal Aviation Administration said.
- A Indian-American has acquired a own TV channel in NYC
- Meet the First Indian Woman to reach WWE in International Arena
- Person who killed an Indian student is shot dead by police
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- A Sikh gets permit to wear his Turban in American UFC
- H1-B Visa negatively affects Visa Holders in a massive way
- India deserves to play significant role in Russia World Cup
- Kansas City student from Telangana shot dead
- Indian-American interviewed by US President for SC nomination
- Indian-American Raj Shah appointed by Donald Trump in appointment of SC Justice
- CEO for DNC, an Indian-American appointed
- Aruna Miller lost to multimillionaire David Trone in Democratic primary in States 6th District
- Nikki Haley visits India to advance relationship between two countries
- Nikki Haley slammed US President for forcing Citizens into deprivation
- Jury conviction murder with death of a student