Atlanta sources reported that Aisha Yaqoob, a woman of color, Muslim, activist and the daughter of Pakistani immigrants, defeated Wayne Slear (71.16% to 28.84%) in the Georgia House of Representatives District 97 Democratic primary election on Tuesday. She will face Republican Bonnie Rich in November.
Accordingly Dr Indran Indrakrishnan, noted gastroenterologist and Emory professor, lost to Rich in the crowded Republican primary that had a total of six contenders. Meanwhile the House seat is being vacated by retiring Republican state Rep. Brooks Coleman.
Meanwhile Aisha is a professional advocate for
immigrant rights at the state Capitol, working with legislators on both sides
of the aisle to push for civil rights for immigrants and people of color. As
policy director for a nonprofit legal and advocacy center, Aisha monitors
local, state, and federal policies that affect immigrants and works to fight
for their rights. Furthermore Aisha moved to Gwinnett County at the age of 6
from south Florida. Since then she has lived in the Collin Hills area, Suwanee
and now Duluth. Aisha is the middle of five children.
Couple feels guilty of physically abusing Atlanta sources reported that after an 11 day trial, a federal jury found Satish Kartan, 45, and his wife, Sharmistha Barai, 40, guilty on March 14 of physically abusing, exploiting and threatening workers they hired from India and Nepal under false pretenses. Meanwhile according to court documents and evidence presented at trial, between February 2014 and October 2016, Kartan and Barai hired workers from India and Nepal to perform domestic labor in their home in Stockton.
- Anil Ambani thanked Mukesh Ambani for settling Ericsson dues by Reliance
- 9 people of Indian nationality missing in New Zealand's ChristChurch shooting
- Indian students detention came up with Congressional Leaders
- Andhra Pradesh Physician died in Ethiopian Flight crash
- New York Politician charged for getting bribes from Restaurateur
- Is Saudi Arabia Crown Prince in collision with his Father?
- Indian American teenager invented treatment for brain cancer
- Pramila Jayapal introduced Medicare for All Act of 2019 in the House
- Mike Pompeo in support of India for bombing action against Pakistan
- Nikki Haley says Pakistan has long history of Terrorists
- Indian American protested outside Pakistan consulates against Pulwama attack
- Why Kamala Harris father slammed her for pot smoking joke?
- NRI arrested for molesting US Woman in Delhi
- Is Masood Azhar the Global terrorist in Pulwama attack
- US Senator Kamala Harris decides to marry a White Man