New Delhi sources added that for Indian fans of the football World Cup in Russia, it may come as pleasant consolation that this country will feature at the event, but in spirit alone, with the unveiling of an installation by Georgian born American artist David Datuna, who is greatly inspired by the works of Delhi based Subodh Gupta.
Accordingly Datuna, a conceptual artist focused on the convergence of art and social consciousness, told in an e-mail interview from New York that he is deeply impressed by the installation art of Gupta, who has made a name for himself internationally with his signature style of incorporating everyday objects in his creations. Meanwhile Datuna said he is finishing a series of three installations for the FIFA World Cup in Russia, on the Korean Peninsula, and in the US which “will be his peace-making mission”.
Moreover Datuna, who migrated to the US from the
former Soviet Union, became famous globally post 2000 for his installations
made of optical lenses, particularly the flags of 70 countries, including India
and the Indian flag has been exhibited here at the India Art Fair. Furthermore
the technique used is a network of positive and negative optical lenses
suspended over a collaged and painted image that includes mixed media like
photography, newspaper clippings and paint.
Person who killed an Indian student is shot dead by police New York sources reported that man who was a suspect in the killing of an Indian student in Kansas City has been shot dead by police after he shot and wounded three officers on Sunday. Accordingly the man, who had been under surveillance in connection with the fatal shooting of Sharath Koppu on July 6 at a restaurant, was killed during an exchange of fire with police on Sunday.
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- A Sikh gets permit to wear his Turban in American UFC
- H1-B Visa negatively affects Visa Holders in a massive way
- India deserves to play significant role in Russia World Cup
- Kansas City student from Telangana shot dead
- Indian-American interviewed by US President for SC nomination
- Indian-American Raj Shah appointed by Donald Trump in appointment of SC Justice
- CEO for DNC, an Indian-American appointed
- Aruna Miller lost to multimillionaire David Trone in Democratic primary in States 6th District
- Nikki Haley visits India to advance relationship between two countries
- Nikki Haley slammed US President for forcing Citizens into deprivation
- Jury conviction murder with death of a student
- 52 Indians detained under Trump's Zero Tolerance Policy
- Why US Government separated 2000 Children from parents?
- Local residents received $1000 grant from Pollination Projects