Atlanta sources reported that Under Trump’s administration, USCIS is planning to reverse the 2015 final rule that granted eligibility and work permits for spouses of high skilled (H1-B visa) workers. The ban is likely to push 100,000 people out of jobs and negatively affect the visa holders, their families and their employers.
Researchers Pooja B. Vijayakumar (Doctoral student, Kemmy Business School, Limerick, Ireland) and Dr. Christopher J. L. Cunningham (I-O Psychology Graduate Program Coordinator, UC Foundation Professor, The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, USA) found that such spousal work restrictions ultimately affect the overall life satisfaction of the workers and their families.
This statistically supported finding was
corroborated by the qualitative responses participants provided to an
open-ended portion to the research in which participants were asked to explain
the complications in their non-work/personal life due to visa restrictions.
From these qualitative data, these researchers identified six challenges faced
by spouses of high skilled workers including frustration, boredom, and social
isolation, loss of respect / low confidence, domestic tension and financial
Pramila Jayapal recruited Indian American as her Chief of Staff Washington sources added a former Indian American White House official has been recruited by Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal as her Chief of Staff. Meanwhile Gautam Raghavan used to be the White House liaison to the LGBTQ community as well as the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community during former President Barack Obama’s time.
- Cardiologist pleaded guilty for prescribing addictive drugs
- Will Indian Govt start Air India service from Atlanta?
- US government announced plans to change H1-B visa program
- Wedding Ceremony of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas began with Pooja
- Will Aamir Khan's Thugs of Hindostan receive positive response in China?
- Nick Jonas reached India ahead of his wedding with Priyanka Chopra
- American Tourist killed Trials in Andaman Island
- Indian origin Professor in US treated Students as his servants
- Indian students studying in US raised by 5%
- Hate crimes reported to the FBI soared about 17%
- Charm of owning a property in ones homeland been a driving factor for NRIs
- Donald Trump puts an end to law granting citizenship to all children born in US territory
- H1B Visa issue - All you need to know
- 4 Indian American members of House of Representatives re-elected
- Indian origin man charged in US with H-1B visa & mail fraud