Atlanta sources reported that United States Attorney Scott W. Brady announced Abhijeet Das, 28, a doctoral student at the University of Pittsburgh, has been sentenced in federal court to 52 months imprisonment, followed by 10 years of supervised release, on his conviction of possession of material depicting the exploitation of a minor.
Accordingly United States District Judge Mark R. Hornak imposed the sentence on Abhijeet Das, 28, of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. As per report the information presented to the court, Das unlawfully possessed computer graphic files containing approximately 1,000 photographs and 380 videos depicting minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct. Meanwhile Das was initially charged by Pittsburgh police with downloading photos of nude girls, but federal authorities later took the case after a search uncovered a huge cache of child porn downloaded from the internet, reports the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.
Reports added “Das came to the U.S. last year on a
student visa and said his prosecution here has devastated his family back
in India. He said his hope was to relieve the burden on his parents in
caring for his sister, who was born with deformed hands and arms, by
taking advantage of his passion for science and becoming a success”.
Further Assistant United States Attorney Lee J. Karl prosecuted this case on
behalf of the government.
CEO of Msys Technologies honored as Market Entrepreneur Award Atlanta sources reported that Entrepreneur and CEO of MSys Technologies Sanjay Sehgal has been honored as the top among the six shortlisted honorees for Upper Market Entrepreneur Awards at the TiE Atlanta Top Entrepreneur Awards 2018 held at the Avalon Conference Center in Alpharetta, GA on September 28, 2018. Accordingly the awards recognize the enthusiasm and innovation of entrepreneurs
- Depreciation puts rupees in NRIs hands, making properties cheaper
- Georgia based orthodontist, appointed by Governor Nathan Deal to Georgia Board of Dentistry
- Navin Gurnaney assumes as CEO of Tata Starbucks in Atlanta
- Google CEO agrees to testify before House Judiciary Committee
- IMFs First Female Chief Economist appointed
- Village Rockstars selected as official entry to India for 91st Academy Awards
- 3 Women leaders among 115 people selected as FB Global Community Leaders
- Indian professor honored with Outstanding Investigator Award
- Indian origin Doctor pleaded guilty to fraud in healthcare
- Ro Khanna to revoke Myanmar State Counselor Suu Kyi Congressional Gold Medal
- Americans wants Trump to be focused and Presidential: Pramila Jayapal
- India inclusion on US Trade list point of friction between New Delhi & Washington
- Indian Woman Research Scholar of University of Washington awarded
- Indian origins involve in multi-million Call center scam
- India called US for issuance of H-1B Visas