Atlanta sources reported that United States Attorney Scott W. Brady announced Abhijeet Das, 28, a doctoral student at the University of Pittsburgh, has been sentenced in federal court to 52 months imprisonment, followed by 10 years of supervised release, on his conviction of possession of material depicting the exploitation of a minor.
Accordingly United States District Judge Mark R. Hornak imposed the sentence on Abhijeet Das, 28, of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. As per report the information presented to the court, Das unlawfully possessed computer graphic files containing approximately 1,000 photographs and 380 videos depicting minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct. Meanwhile Das was initially charged by Pittsburgh police with downloading photos of nude girls, but federal authorities later took the case after a search uncovered a huge cache of child porn downloaded from the internet, reports the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.
Reports added “Das came to the U.S. last year on a
student visa and said his prosecution here has devastated his family back
in India. He said his hope was to relieve the burden on his parents in
caring for his sister, who was born with deformed hands and arms, by
taking advantage of his passion for science and becoming a success”.
Further Assistant United States Attorney Lee J. Karl prosecuted this case on
behalf of the government.
US Secretary greeted India on its Independence Day Washington sources reported that after greeting India on its 72nd Independence Day, US Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo on Wednesday said a “fellow democracy and a friend” was taking its rightful place as a leading global power with its democratic values and inclusiveness.
- Fox network Executives aware of Apu Controversy
- Second violent attack of a Sikh Man in California
- US continues to be as welcoming to qualified Indian travelers
- Doctoral student charged for exploiting Minor
- NASA reviews flight data to space station with 9 Astronauts
- New Jersey Radio Host suspended for commenting about Sikh Attorney General
- Indian-American IT Professional developed SmartGaon
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- India-US 2+2 dialogue involves two sides in H1B Visa issue
- Gas Station Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman for Financial Gain
- External Affairs Minister confirms safety about Mobile Passport App
- Nisha Sejwal killed in mid air plane collision
- A Indian-American has acquired a own TV channel in NYC
- Meet the First Indian Woman to reach WWE in International Arena
- Person who killed an Indian student is shot dead by police