United Nations sources reported that Development and environment expert Satya S. Tripathi has been appointed an assistant Secretary General and will head the UN Environment Program’s New York office. Meanwhile the appointment made Monday by Secretary General Antonio Guterres was announced by his Spokesperson Stephane Guterres.
Presently Tripathi is the third Indian at the senior levels of the UN hierarchy. He has served the UN for 20 years in “Europe, Asia and Africa on strategic assignments in sustainable development, human rights, democratic governance and legal affairs”. Dujarric said “Tripathi has been the Senior Adviser on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at the UNEP since 2017”. Moreover a development economist and lawyer with over 35 years of experience, one of his key roles at the UN was as the UN Recovery Coordinator for the $7 billion post-tsunami and post conflict recovery efforts in Aceh and Nias in Indonesia.
Furthermore he also chaired the Committees on Laws and Treaties for the UN
mediated Cyprus unification talks in 2004. Tripathi has commerce and law bachelor’s
degrees and masters in law from Behrampur University in Odisha. Moreover Nikhil
Seth, the Executive Director of UN Institute for Training and Research, is at
the level of an assistant Secretary General according to last year’s Voluntary
Public Disclosure listing of senior staff’s assets.
Ro Khanna to revoke Myanmar State Counselor Suu Kyi Congressional Gold Medal Washington sources reported that Indian American Congressman Ro Khanna has said that he wants to revoke Myanmar State Counselor Suu Kyi’s Congressional Gold Medal, the highest civilian honor in the US, which was bestowed on her with much fanfare six years ago. Meanwhile Nobel Peace Prize
- Americans wants Trump to be focused and Presidential: Pramila Jayapal
- India inclusion on US Trade list point of friction between New Delhi & Washington
- Indian Woman Research Scholar of University of Washington awarded
- Indian origins involve in multi-million Call center scam
- India called US for issuance of H-1B Visas
- AR. Rahman rocks Atlanta people by his Music
- Aisha Yaqoob defeated Wayne Slear
- American Federal Judge arrests of immigrants week Green Card
- Donald Trump administration supporting Asian Americans suing Ivy League Harvard University
- UN Assistant Secretary General appointment for Indian
- 140 nations participating in AMVER, providing a global safety net for mariners
- Indo-Canadian Business Man awarded for defamed in fake news
- Sikh killed by Store Worker arrested
- Another Sikh stabbed to death in US
- Indian based restaurateur targeted for racist rant