Washington sources reported that an American federal judge could rule as early as Thursday whether to order the Department of Homeland Security to stop arresting undocumented immigrants who come to government offices for interviews as part of applying for green cards. Meanwhile US District Judge Mark Wolf heard testimony from people who had been unexpectedly detained when they sat for marriage interviews as part of the application process to prove that their marriages to US citizens were legitimate.
As per report “Emails entered as evidence in the case show what appear to be efforts between US Citizenship and Immigration Services employees and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) employees to coordinate the interview appointments and arrests”. Moreover there are five couples named in the suit, each consisting of an undocumented immigrant married to a US citizen and attorneys for the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) say there are other couples in the New England area who are facing similar situations.
Meanwhile the ACLU and attorneys at the firm WilmerHale have asked for the
injunction to apply to the Boston ICE office’s region, the impact could be felt
nationwide. Matt Segal, an ACLU attorney “The reason that these arrests
happened according to ICE itself is President Trump’s (January 2017) executive
order and that is an executive order that is nationwide”.
Why Kamala Harris father slammed her for pot smoking joke? Washington sources reported that US Democratic presidential candidate Senator Kamala Harris, who is of Indian and Jamaican descent, has been slammed by her father for saying that she smoked marijuana in her younger years and supports it becoming legalized. Meanwhile Donald Harris, an economics professor at Stanford University, claimed his daughter was playing “identity politics”
- NRI arrested for molesting US Woman in Delhi
- Is Masood Azhar the Global terrorist in Pulwama attack
- US Senator Kamala Harris decides to marry a White Man
- NRI man should register his marriage within 30, failing passport be impounded or revoked
- American arrested for joining in Pakistan Terror Organization LeT
- India issued demarche to US asking it to release Indian students detained in connection with
- Tulsi Gabbard, Hindu US Congresswoman launched her 2020 presidential campaign in Hawaii
- Hindu temple vandalized in US state of Kentucky
- Vallabh Sambhamurthy selected as Albert O. Nicholas Dean of the Wisconsin School of Business
- PM Modi made Passport, Visa ease for overseas Indians
- Kamala Harris launched her campaign for the White House
- 11 year old boy rescued 34 year old man drowning in pool
- PM Narendra Modi will award medals to winners of 'Bharat Ko Janiye' quiz on January 22
- Indian American spokesman of White House left Trump administration
- Race for US 2020 President Election likely to see a Hindu representative