New Delhi sources stated that India on Thursday called upon the US to ensure a non-discriminatory and predictable approach to issuance of H-1B visas, largely availed of by Indian IT firms. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said “I sought Secretary Pompeo’s support to nurture our people to people links,” while addressing the media after participating in the first ever 2+2 India-US Ministerial Dialogue along with Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.
Sushma Swaraj said “Specifically, she had conveyed our expectation for a non-discriminatory and predictable approach to the H-1B visa regime, given its high impact on innovation, competitiveness and people to people partnership, all of which are a vital source of strength for our relationship”.
Moreover according to the new policy, the hiring company would have to
prove that its H-1B employee at a third party work site has specific and
non-qualifying speculative assignments in specialty occupation. Furthermore Sushma
Swaraj said she mentioned to Pompeo that on the basis of the friendship between
Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Indians believe that the US will not
work against their interest.
Indian professor honored with Outstanding Investigator Award New York sources reported that the US National Cancer Institute has give the “Outstanding Investigator Award” to Professor Arul Chinnaiyan, from the University of Michigan, and $6.5 million in funding over seven years, to identify cancer biomarkers to improve diagnosis and develop new targeted therapies.
- Indian origin Doctor pleaded guilty to fraud in healthcare
- Ro Khanna to revoke Myanmar State Counselor Suu Kyi Congressional Gold Medal
- Americans wants Trump to be focused and Presidential: Pramila Jayapal
- India inclusion on US Trade list point of friction between New Delhi & Washington
- Indian Woman Research Scholar of University of Washington awarded
- Indian origins involve in multi-million Call center scam
- India called US for issuance of H-1B Visas
- AR. Rahman rocks Atlanta people by his Music
- Aisha Yaqoob defeated Wayne Slear
- American Federal Judge arrests of immigrants week Green Card
- Donald Trump administration supporting Asian Americans suing Ivy League Harvard University
- UN Assistant Secretary General appointment for Indian
- 140 nations participating in AMVER, providing a global safety net for mariners
- Indo-Canadian Business Man awarded for defamed in fake news
- Sikh killed by Store Worker arrested