Bengaluru sources stated that the California based Marconi Society, which has instituted the award, said on Tuesday that Indian born woman research scholar from the University of Washington won the Paul Baran Young Scholar Award for 2018 for using smart phones to detect life-threatening symptoms. The society said “Nandakumar Rajalakshmi is the winner of this year’s Young Scholar Award for her outstanding research work in detecting life-threatening symptoms using smart phones”.
Meanwhile when inspired by bats, which use sonar to navigate in the dark by sending acoustic signals and using reflections to identify objects, Rajalakshmi, 28, has turned a smart phone into an active sonar system to detect physiological activity like movement or respiration in a human body by a remote device. Accordingly “Rajalakshimi’s system works by transmitting inaudible sound signals from a smart phone’s speaker and tracking their reflections off the human body. The reflections are analyzed by algorithms and signal processing techniques”.
Rajalakshmi told “She wanted to find a way to
detect physiological signals, like pulse and heart rate, which are used for
healthcare applications. When she found that many consumer electronic devices have
speakers and microphones, she decided to study if inaudible signals could help
detect physiological movement”.
Ro Khanna to revoke Myanmar State Counselor Suu Kyi Congressional Gold Medal Washington sources reported that Indian American Congressman Ro Khanna has said that he wants to revoke Myanmar State Counselor Suu Kyi’s Congressional Gold Medal, the highest civilian honor in the US, which was bestowed on her with much fanfare six years ago. Meanwhile Nobel Peace Prize
- Americans wants Trump to be focused and Presidential: Pramila Jayapal
- India inclusion on US Trade list point of friction between New Delhi & Washington
- Indian Woman Research Scholar of University of Washington awarded
- Indian origins involve in multi-million Call center scam
- India called US for issuance of H-1B Visas
- AR. Rahman rocks Atlanta people by his Music
- Aisha Yaqoob defeated Wayne Slear
- American Federal Judge arrests of immigrants week Green Card
- Donald Trump administration supporting Asian Americans suing Ivy League Harvard University
- UN Assistant Secretary General appointment for Indian
- 140 nations participating in AMVER, providing a global safety net for mariners
- Indo-Canadian Business Man awarded for defamed in fake news
- Sikh killed by Store Worker arrested
- Another Sikh stabbed to death in US
- Indian based restaurateur targeted for racist rant