According to sources northern Nevada cardiologist pleaded guilty today to distributing highly addictive prescription drugs Oxycodone and Hydrocodone to patients without a medical purpose, announced U.S. Attorney Dayle Elieson for the District of Nevada. Reportedly Dr. Devendra I. Patel, aka Devendrakumar I. Patel, 59, of Elko, who owns and operates Northeastern Nevada Cardiology, was indicted by a grand jury in December 2017. United States District Judge Larry R. Hicks accepted the guilty plea.
Accordingly the investigation revealed Patel contributed to the opioid epidemic by unlawfully prescribing opioids and other prescription narcotics to patients for financial gain. Meanwhile Patel admitted that, between September 2015 and February 2016, he prescribed Oxycodone (such as OxyContin) and Hydrocodone (such as Norco) to patients without a legitimate medical purpose and outside the usual course of professional practice. Hence his license was suspended upon his arrest in December 2017. Patel’s prescribing practices allowed him to see a high volume of patients and easily prescribe and sell the opioids, while not addressing any legitimate medical concerns of his patients.
Moreover the case was investigated by the FBI, DEA, Office of Inspector General of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Secret Service, the Elko Combined Narcotics Unit, Elko Police Department, Elko County Sheriff’s Office, and the Nevada Department of Public Safety. Assistant U.S. Attorneys Kilby Macfadden and Sue Fahami are prosecuting the case.
Will Kamala Harris fight for increasing salary hike for Teachers? Washington sources reported that US Democratic presidential candidate Senator Kamala Harris, who is of Indian and Jamaican descent, has called for allocating a large federal investment to improve teacher salaries nationwide. Reports stated the California Democrat as saying on Saturday in Houston to a group of supporters “He is declaring to you that by the end of my first term,
- Couple feels guilty of physically abusing
- Anil Ambani thanked Mukesh Ambani for settling Ericsson dues by Reliance
- 9 people of Indian nationality missing in New Zealand's ChristChurch shooting
- Indian students detention came up with Congressional Leaders
- Andhra Pradesh Physician died in Ethiopian Flight crash
- New York Politician charged for getting bribes from Restaurateur
- Is Saudi Arabia Crown Prince in collision with his Father?
- Indian American teenager invented treatment for brain cancer
- Pramila Jayapal introduced Medicare for All Act of 2019 in the House
- Mike Pompeo in support of India for bombing action against Pakistan
- Nikki Haley says Pakistan has long history of Terrorists
- Indian American protested outside Pakistan consulates against Pulwama attack
- Why Kamala Harris father slammed her for pot smoking joke?
- NRI arrested for molesting US Woman in Delhi
- Is Masood Azhar the Global terrorist in Pulwama attack