Atlanta sources reported that though they have been in Washington for only a few weeks, they’re already making a splash clashing with incoming committee chairmen, joining a protest in Nancy Pelosi’s office and agitating for newly empowered Democrats to stake out ambitious goals on climate change,” the Politico feature said, of Ocasio-Cortez and her Chief of Staff.
The Politico quoted Chakrabarti “It’s all part of a broader strategy to deploy inside-out organizing. Staying connected to the progressive movement and the public eye through attention grabbing demonstrations and social media is part of gaining policy leverage”. The feature added “Don’t expect them to back down”. Chakrabarti told Politico “Another thing to really do over the next two years is to basically show the American people what will be possible if the Democrats win the House, the Senate and the presidency in 2020, and that means putting our best foot forward”.
Reportedly Chakrabarti is a Fort Worth native who joined the Sanders campaign after growing disillusioned with the tech world. He co-founded Mockingbird, a web design tool, and then built up the product team at the payment processor Stripe. That followed short stint working at a hedge fund on Wall Street after graduating from Harvard.
Social Media identify to be provided to Green Card or US Citizenship applicants Reportedly the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has taken the process of obtaining Social Media identification (user name or handle) a step forward. It proposes to expand its coverage to various forms to be filled in by those already in the US, such as those applying for a green card or citizenship. A notice was published in the Federal Register on September 4 and public comments invited over the next 60 days.
- Visitors from NASA to visit ISRO
- These 2 Sisters did Arangetram for charity
- Kamala Harris apologized for laughing at the remark made on Trump
- Watch Chandrayaan-2 landing on September 6 at 1.30 a.m.-2.30 a.m in National Geographic
- Indian American to Federal Judgeship nominated by Trump
- Pramila Jayapal becoming first South Asian American woman to preside over US House of Representatives
- Modi feels Kashmir is under control: Trump
- South Asian Spelling Bee contest won by Indian American teens
- Global Village Tech Park sold to US firm Blackstone by Coffee Day
- EC calls NRIs to register online to boost numbers of voters being put in place for either proxy voting
- Air India (AI) announced its inaugural passenger flight between New Delhi and San Francisco
- UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres came out against changing status of J&K and Pakistan
- Ivanka Trump condoled death of Sushma Swaraj
- How Jammu and Kashmir will cease to scrap Article 370 of the Constitution?
- Trump renewed his offer of mediation in Kashmir issue