New Delhi sources stated that Union Minister Sushma Swaraj said Prime Minister Narendra Modi will award medals to the winners of the 'Bharat Ko Janiye' quiz on January 22 during the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas celebration in Varanasi. Meanwhile the winners will also visit the Kumbh Mela in Allahabad, she said. The quiz, conducted by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), seeks to motivate overseas Indian youth to enhance their knowledge about India and connect with their roots.
Furthermore the external affairs minister said the quiz had "changed the image" of India among the non-resident Indians and people of Indian-origin living abroad. Reportedly Swaraj was addressing a gathering at the Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra here, after the grand finale of the second edition of the event. She also asserted that among all the events organized by the MEA, the quiz was the "dearest" to her.
Moreover Swaraj said the number of contestants in this edition had jumped to 40,000 from 5,000 in the first edition held in 2015. She said "The youngsters who have been chosen as part of the quiz will get to experience and see India's diversity which they have learned of only in books. All those who have participated in the event here, will now travel to Lakshadweep Islands, and also attend the Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas in Varanasi, and then also get to see the Kumbh Mela in Prayagraj, which happens once in 12 years".
Satya Nadella made 66% salary increase for last fiscal year San Francisco sources stated that Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella earned $42.9 million in total compensation for the fiscal year 2019 66 per cent raise from the prior fiscal year, the company has announced. Nadella received a $1 million base salary jump and an increase in stocks.
- NRIs with financial goals to invest more in India
- International migration is largely male, while domestic migration is feminized and marriage-driven
- Indian consulate Embassy list steps for normalcy in Kashmir
- Did Jolly Thomas, serial cyanide killer of Kozhikode, suffer from a personality disorder?
- How this Indian origin Millionaire who was kidnapped, found dead?
- Sundar Pichai teaches US workers technical skills with Ivanka Trump
- US Congresswoman says Life Saving Medical Care must end in Kashmir
- NRIs with valid Indian passport can apply for Aadhaar without 182 day waiting period
- Washington looking to see strategy by India to restore full political life in Kashmir
- Trump said Modi can take care of Pakistan sponsored terror
- Trump again inflamed a controversy over India and Pakistan
- Kashmiri Pandit Community met PM Modi at Houston
- Why Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt enquired NASA about Chandrayaan 2?
- Trump joins Modi at Houston, a message to the world
- Social Media identify to be provided to Green Card or US Citizenship applicants