Washington sources reported that Democrat Kamala Harris, the first Indian-American to serve in the US Senate, launched her campaign for the White House on Monday while appearing on ABC’s Good Morning America. Meanwhile in a brief video from her campaign that was released on the social media at the same time she appeared on the show, Harris called on her supporters to join with her to “claim our future”.
Accordingly the 54 year old portrayed herself as a fighter for justice, decency and equality in the video. She said “They’re the values we as Americans cherish, and they’re all on the line now". Reportedly the future of our country depends on you and millions of others lifting our voices to fight for our American values and that’s why I’m running for President of the US. I’m running to lift those voices, to bring our voices together.”
Moreover Harris’ announcement followed the entrance of her fellow senators Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Kirsten Gillibrand of New York in the presidential race. Reports added Harris said the time had come to fight against what she called “the injustices of the past two years of the Donald Trump presidency”. She has accused Trump of stoking racist and xenophobic rhetoric, while aligning his administration with white supremacists at home, and cozying up to dictators abroad.
Why Hundreds of immigrant laborers in US lost their job? Washington sources reported that Hundreds of immigrant laborers in the USA who can’t prove their legal status are being forced to quit after their employers received ‘no-match letters’ from the Social Security Administration (SSA). ‘No-match letters’ are sent out when the SSA detects discrepancies between its records and the information provided by employees on their W-2 tax forms.
- Kamala Harris announces plan to certify that Men & Women paid equally
- Why a Sikh Youth restricted entry in New York Bar?
- American e-tailer Wayfair has come under fire
- Doctor being imprisoned for dispensing prescription painkillers
- Indian antiques & Valuables seized by US from art smuggler
- Indian candidate elected for Narcotics Board by UN
- Indian students declared second runners-up at Microsoft Imagine Cup world finals
- Will US Geophysicts be given Visa to attend workshop on climate in India?
- NRIs should know these rules before dealing in any kind of cash or investment
- Delta Air Lines will re-launch its nonstop service to Mumbai beginning December 22
- Under Health care fraud Physician put in prison
- Indian Teen offered acceptance letters from seven prominent US based universities
- Vallabh Sambhamurthy selected as Albert O. Nicholas Dean of the Wisconsin School of Business
- Kamala Harris launched her campaign for the White House
- India's Chandraayan 2 to carry NASA probe instrument