Washington sources reported that US Democratic presidential candidate Senator Kamala Harris, who is of Indian and Jamaican descent, has called for allocating a large federal investment to improve teacher salaries nationwide. Reports stated the California Democrat as saying on Saturday in Houston to a group of supporters “He is declaring to you that by the end of my first term, we will have improved teachers’ salaries so that we close the pay gap”.
Reportedly “Because right now, teachers are making over 10% less than other college educated graduates and that gap is about $13,000 a year, and he is pledging to you that through the federal resources that are available, we will close that gap.” She said Harris’ proposal would be the largest ever federal investment in teacher pay.
Moreover as candidates sweep across key battle ground states testing their economic messages with potential voters, Harris is the first to announce a plan to allocate funding to teachers. Apparently Education occupations have unions that represent more than 37% of employees, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, far more than any other occupations and even though Harris didn’t provide further details about where the funds will come from, the campaign has said they will unveil the details of the full policy plan next week.
American e-tailer Wayfair has come under fire Washington sources reported that American e-tailer Wayfair has come under fire for selling bath mats depicting Hindu Gods, after Amazon was slammed for selling similar items, the media reported. The Boston-based Wayfair that sells home goods, has been stocking bath mats with not just Lord Ganesha figurines
- Doctor being imprisoned for dispensing prescription painkillers
- Indian antiques & Valuables seized by US from art smuggler
- Indian candidate elected for Narcotics Board by UN
- Indian students declared second runners-up at Microsoft Imagine Cup world finals
- Will US Geophysicts be given Visa to attend workshop on climate in India?
- NRIs should know these rules before dealing in any kind of cash or investment
- Delta Air Lines will re-launch its nonstop service to Mumbai beginning December 22
- Under Health care fraud Physician put in prison
- Indian Teen offered acceptance letters from seven prominent US based universities
- Vallabh Sambhamurthy selected as Albert O. Nicholas Dean of the Wisconsin School of Business
- Kamala Harris launched her campaign for the White House
- India's Chandraayan 2 to carry NASA probe instrument
- Why Tulsi Gabbard outraised Kamala Harris?
- Sania Mirza working hard to stay fit after her Delivery
- 3 Indian students won Award from NASAs Rover challenge