San Francisco sources stated that Democratic presidential candidate Senator Kamala Harris, who is of Indian and Jamaican descent, has released 15 years of her tax returns, showing that she and her husband earned almost $1.9 million in 2018. Accordingly the returns released on Sunday showed most of the adjusted gross income of $1,884,319 in 2018 reported by Harris came from her husband Doug Emhoff’s earnings as a lawyer.
Furthermore Harris reported $157,352 in Senate salary and $320,125 in net profit from the memoir she released before announcing her campaign and the returns covered every year that Harris, a former attorney general of California and district attorney of San Francisco, has served in elective office. Apparently Harris and Emhoff have filed jointly since they were married in 2014. Emhoff has reported more than $1 million in income in every year since, and the couple has paid more than $2 million combined in federal taxes.
Moreover Harris’s income has been relatively consistent since she began serving as San Francisco’s top prosecutor in 2004, then as attorney general from 2011 until 2017, the year she joined the US Senate. Further she joins Senators Elizabeth Warren, Kirsten Gillibrand and Amy Klobuchar, as well as Washington Governor Jay Inslee, in making tax returns public as part of their Democratic presidential campaigns.
Kamala Harris announces plan to certify that Men & Women paid equally Sources from Los Angeles stated that Democratic presidential candidate Senator Kamala Harris, who is of Indian and Jamaican descent, has announced a plan to close the gender pay gap by requiring larger companies to certify that men and women were paid equally.
- Why a Sikh Youth restricted entry in New York Bar?
- American e-tailer Wayfair has come under fire
- Doctor being imprisoned for dispensing prescription painkillers
- Indian antiques & Valuables seized by US from art smuggler
- Indian candidate elected for Narcotics Board by UN
- Indian students declared second runners-up at Microsoft Imagine Cup world finals
- Will US Geophysicts be given Visa to attend workshop on climate in India?
- NRIs should know these rules before dealing in any kind of cash or investment
- Delta Air Lines will re-launch its nonstop service to Mumbai beginning December 22
- Under Health care fraud Physician put in prison
- Indian Teen offered acceptance letters from seven prominent US based universities
- Vallabh Sambhamurthy selected as Albert O. Nicholas Dean of the Wisconsin School of Business
- Kamala Harris launched her campaign for the White House
- India's Chandraayan 2 to carry NASA probe instrument
- Why Tulsi Gabbard outraised Kamala Harris?