Washington sources reported that Tulsi Gabbard, the first Hindu US Congresswoman, and Democratic 2020 presidential candidate, has vastly outraised Senator Kamala Harris of Indian and Jamaican descent among Indian-American donors in the 2020 presidential fundraising derby so far. Reportedly Gabbard, who is a Hindu American but not Indian-American, has raised more than $237,000, from the community.
Meanwhile in comparison, Harris, daughter of an Indian American mother and Jamaican American father, has so far raised only $72,606 from the community, according to AAPI Data, which publishes data and policy research on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. Furthermore, in a clear sign that Harris, one of the strongest contenders in the crowded 2020 Democratic field, has not been fully embraced by the community, the Senator even trails New Jersey’s Corey Booker among Indian-Americans, the American Bazaar reported on Saturday.
Moreover, Booker has raised more than $131,000 from Indian Americans. A big reason for that is New Jersey is home to nearly 370,000 Indian Americans. Apparently, Harris’ home state of California has the largest Indian American population in the country more than 712,000. Yet, her campaign hasn’t received traction among Indian American campaign donors, the AAPI Data research reveals.
American e-tailer Wayfair has come under fire Washington sources reported that American e-tailer Wayfair has come under fire for selling bath mats depicting Hindu Gods, after Amazon was slammed for selling similar items, the media reported. The Boston-based Wayfair that sells home goods, has been stocking bath mats with not just Lord Ganesha figurines
- Doctor being imprisoned for dispensing prescription painkillers
- Indian antiques & Valuables seized by US from art smuggler
- Indian candidate elected for Narcotics Board by UN
- Indian students declared second runners-up at Microsoft Imagine Cup world finals
- Will US Geophysicts be given Visa to attend workshop on climate in India?
- NRIs should know these rules before dealing in any kind of cash or investment
- Delta Air Lines will re-launch its nonstop service to Mumbai beginning December 22
- Under Health care fraud Physician put in prison
- Indian Teen offered acceptance letters from seven prominent US based universities
- Vallabh Sambhamurthy selected as Albert O. Nicholas Dean of the Wisconsin School of Business
- Kamala Harris launched her campaign for the White House
- India's Chandraayan 2 to carry NASA probe instrument
- Why Tulsi Gabbard outraised Kamala Harris?
- Sania Mirza working hard to stay fit after her Delivery
- 3 Indian students won Award from NASAs Rover challenge