Sources from Los Angeles stated that Democratic presidential candidate Senator Kamala Harris, who is of Indian and Jamaican descent, has announced a plan to close the gender pay gap by requiring larger companies to certify that men and women were paid equally.
Unlike previous federal legislation regarding the pay gap, which asked workers to report or sue their employer if discrepancies were suspected, Harris’s plan would pro-actively force companies with 100 or more employees to obtain an “equal pay certification” every two years, showing that they were paying men and women the same for analogous work, The New York Times quoted her campaign as saying on Monday.
Moreover the plan is the third major policy proposal of Harris’s presidential campaign, and a continuation of her focus on economic issues. Furthermore as a senator and a candidate she has proposed using federal power to raise teacher pay, a slew of executive actions on gun control and the LIFT Act, her signature policy, which would provide a refundable tax credit worth up to $6,000 for households.
Donald Trump again taken aim at India tariffs on Harley Davidson motorcycles According to sources the 50% duty on Harley Davidson bikes imported into India is “unacceptable”, Trump said on Monday when he phoned into a popular business TV program. He said that he had spoken to Modi about the 100% tariff that India had been charging on the bike and “he reduced it by 50% with one phone call. I said it’s still unacceptable because it is 50 per cent
- Barack Obama appreciated Sikh for wearing Rainbow turban
- Wipro Premji to retire, son takes over
- Sadguru to deliver speech at AAPIs Annual Convention in Atlanta
- Indian-American Congresswoman to preside over US House of Representatives
- Every NRI should know this FEMA Rules
- S. Jaishankar replaced with Sushma Swaraj as External Affairs Minister
- Time Magazine calls Modi as Modi United India like no PM in Decades
- Indian charged for transporting Immigrants
- Why Hundreds of immigrant laborers in US lost their job?
- Kamala Harris announces plan to certify that Men & Women paid equally
- Why a Sikh Youth restricted entry in New York Bar?
- American e-tailer Wayfair has come under fire
- Doctor being imprisoned for dispensing prescription painkillers
- Indian antiques & Valuables seized by US from art smuggler
- Indian candidate elected for Narcotics Board by UN