Bengaluru sources stated that signaling an end of an era, Indian IT industry czar and Wipro Founder Chairman and Managing Director Azim H. Premji, 73, will retire on July 30. His son and the company’s Chief Strategy Officer Rishad Premji will succeed him on July 31 as the Executive Chairman, the global software major said here on Thursday.
“Founder Azim Premji will retire as Executive Chairman on the completion of his term on July 30 and his eldest son Rishad will take over the company’s top executive on July 31,” the city-based IT behemoth said in a statement. Wipro’s Chief Executive Abidali Z. Neemuchwala will, however, succeed billionaire Premji as its Managing Director from July 31 till the end of his present term, in addition to being its Chief Executive Officer. With $21.5 billion net worth, Premji will be the $8.5 billion firm’s non-Executive Director for five years, from July 31, 2019 to July 30, 2024.
The top appointments and re-designations were approved at a meeting of the company’s board of directors. “The board has also conferred Premji with the title of the Founder Chairman of the company,” said the statement. Rishad, 41, will continue to be the company’s whole-time director for the next five years from July 31, 2019 to July 30, 2024.
Satya Nadella made 66% salary increase for last fiscal year San Francisco sources stated that Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella earned $42.9 million in total compensation for the fiscal year 2019 66 per cent raise from the prior fiscal year, the company has announced. Nadella received a $1 million base salary jump and an increase in stocks.
- NRIs with financial goals to invest more in India
- International migration is largely male, while domestic migration is feminized and marriage-driven
- Indian consulate Embassy list steps for normalcy in Kashmir
- Did Jolly Thomas, serial cyanide killer of Kozhikode, suffer from a personality disorder?
- How this Indian origin Millionaire who was kidnapped, found dead?
- Sundar Pichai teaches US workers technical skills with Ivanka Trump
- US Congresswoman says Life Saving Medical Care must end in Kashmir
- NRIs with valid Indian passport can apply for Aadhaar without 182 day waiting period
- Washington looking to see strategy by India to restore full political life in Kashmir
- Trump said Modi can take care of Pakistan sponsored terror
- Trump again inflamed a controversy over India and Pakistan
- Kashmiri Pandit Community met PM Modi at Houston
- Why Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt enquired NASA about Chandrayaan 2?
- Trump joins Modi at Houston, a message to the world
- Social Media identify to be provided to Green Card or US Citizenship applicants