Bengaluru sources stated that signaling an end of an era, Indian IT industry czar and Wipro Founder Chairman and Managing Director Azim H. Premji, 73, will retire on July 30. His son and the company’s Chief Strategy Officer Rishad Premji will succeed him on July 31 as the Executive Chairman, the global software major said here on Thursday.
“Founder Azim Premji will retire as Executive Chairman on the completion of his term on July 30 and his eldest son Rishad will take over the company’s top executive on July 31,” the city-based IT behemoth said in a statement. Wipro’s Chief Executive Abidali Z. Neemuchwala will, however, succeed billionaire Premji as its Managing Director from July 31 till the end of his present term, in addition to being its Chief Executive Officer. With $21.5 billion net worth, Premji will be the $8.5 billion firm’s non-Executive Director for five years, from July 31, 2019 to July 30, 2024.
The top appointments and re-designations were approved at a meeting of the company’s board of directors. “The board has also conferred Premji with the title of the Founder Chairman of the company,” said the statement. Rishad, 41, will continue to be the company’s whole-time director for the next five years from July 31, 2019 to July 30, 2024.
250 migrant children moved from an overcrowded border station in US state of Texas Washington sources reported that Lawyers given access by a judge said the children which had been held for weeks were “severely neglected”. One of them told the BBC that children were “locked up in horrific cells where there’s an open toilet in the middle of the room” where they ate and slept. The separation of migrant children from their parents began in 2018 under a new “zero tolerance”
- Virat Kohli is in 100 World's Highest paid list of athletes
- Will US consider caps on H1B visas for India?
- Ranveer Made his commentary debut in 2019 World Cup
- Donald Trump again taken aim at India tariffs on Harley Davidson motorcycles
- Barack Obama appreciated Sikh for wearing Rainbow turban
- Wipro Premji to retire, son takes over
- Sadguru to deliver speech at AAPIs Annual Convention in Atlanta
- Indian-American Congresswoman to preside over US House of Representatives
- Every NRI should know this FEMA Rules
- S. Jaishankar replaced with Sushma Swaraj as External Affairs Minister
- Time Magazine calls Modi as Modi United India like no PM in Decades
- Indian charged for transporting Immigrants
- Why Hundreds of immigrant laborers in US lost their job?
- Kamala Harris announces plan to certify that Men & Women paid equally
- Why a Sikh Youth restricted entry in New York Bar?