In a speech outlining what he called his “foreign policy for the middle class” here on Thursday, Biden accused US President Donald Trump of cozying up to dictatorial strongmen and pledged that in his first year in the White House he will convene “a global summit for democracy, renewal of the spirit and shared purpose of the nation’s of the free world”. He said the US needs “to look for opportunities for strength and domestic cooperation with friends beyond North America and Europe, reaching to our partners in Asia including japan, South korea, australia, india, to fortify our collective capabilities”.
Pledging multi-lateralism, he said he would undo Trump’s withdrawal from two important accords: the US will rejoin the Paris climate change pact and, if iran were to be sincere, reinstate the multi-national nuclear treaty with Tehran. In setting out his world view, the former Vice President, who is leading in all the polls for party nomination, ignored his Democratic rivals and focused on what can be called his brand of “America First” foreign policy, distinguishing it from Trump’s combative version.
In Biden’s vision, no other country can lead the world. He said that he will bring the US “back at the head of the table” as the world is consumed by the challenges to democracy the climate change crisis, “renewed threat of nuclear war”, disruptive technologies and mass migration.
EC calls NRIs to register online to boost numbers of voters being put in place for either proxy voting London sources stated that Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra on Tuesday called on all Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) to register online to boost the numbers of such voters ahead of provisions being put in place for either proxy voting or voting through embassies and missions for them.
- Air India (AI) announced its inaugural passenger flight between New Delhi and San Francisco
- UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres came out against changing status of J&K and Pakistan
- Ivanka Trump condoled death of Sushma Swaraj
- How Jammu and Kashmir will cease to scrap Article 370 of the Constitution?
- Trump renewed his offer of mediation in Kashmir issue
- Indian graduate student shot dead in place where he worked part time
- Sand Artist won People's Choice Prize at Boston
- Pink City Jaipur made an official entry in the list of UNESCO World Heritage
- Indian Lawyers who spearheaded legal challenge to Indian Penal Code have come out as a couple
- India rebuffed US President Donald Trump offer to mediate on Kashmir issue
- Indian diaspora getting ready to meet Indian PM with a Texan Howdy, Modi! greeting
- UN body says Many Indians are becoming fatter, many unnourished
- 9 employees of Indian restaurant detained by ICE raid
- Joe Biden fortifies US collective capabilities with India
- House of Representatives passed legislation for decades-long backlog of green cards