Washington sources reported that As US President Donald Trump, in an off-hand manner, renewed his offer of mediation in the Kashmir issue, india on Friday firmly rejected the offer, saying that any discussion on Kashmir, if warranted, will only be with pakistan, and only bilaterally. Hours after Trump told reporters in Washington that “it is up to Prime Minister modi” to accept his offer to intervene in Kashmir, Indian External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar, conveyed “in clear terms that any discussion on Kashmir, if at all warranted, will only be with pakistan and only bilaterally”.
Jaishankar tweeted: “Wide ranging discussions with @SecPompeo on regional issues. Have conveyed to American counterpart @SecPompeo this morning in clear terms that any discussion on Kashmir, if at all warranted, will only be with pakistan and only bilaterally.” On Thursday, to a query by a reporter in the White House on the Kashmir issue, Trump, said: “Have they accepted the offer or not (to mediate)? Well, it is really up to Prime Minister modi.”
Trump added: “I spoke frankly to india about that; but that’s been going, that battle, for a long time. If I can, if they wanted to, I would certainly help them.” Reacting to Trump’s renewed offer, pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi urged the US to use its “influence” to “persuade” india to start talks on the peaceful resolution of the Kashmir issue.
NRIs with financial goals to invest more in India Reportedly a global recession is looming around the corner; the Brexit October deadline is coming up soon; the China-US trade war is far from reaching a conclusion, and there is a strong demand slowdown in India with growth estimates being revised downwards. Gold is the best performing asset class with uncertainty at record highs. These are samples of the headlines that investors worldwide have been exposed to in the last few weeks.
- International migration is largely male, while domestic migration is feminized and marriage-driven
- Indian consulate Embassy list steps for normalcy in Kashmir
- Did Jolly Thomas, serial cyanide killer of Kozhikode, suffer from a personality disorder?
- How this Indian origin Millionaire who was kidnapped, found dead?
- Sundar Pichai teaches US workers technical skills with Ivanka Trump
- US Congresswoman says Life Saving Medical Care must end in Kashmir
- NRIs with valid Indian passport can apply for Aadhaar without 182 day waiting period
- Washington looking to see strategy by India to restore full political life in Kashmir
- Trump said Modi can take care of Pakistan sponsored terror
- Trump again inflamed a controversy over India and Pakistan
- Kashmiri Pandit Community met PM Modi at Houston
- Why Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt enquired NASA about Chandrayaan 2?
- Trump joins Modi at Houston, a message to the world
- Social Media identify to be provided to Green Card or US Citizenship applicants
- Visitors from NASA to visit ISRO