United Nations stated that United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres came out on Thursday against changing the status of Jammu and Kashmir and backed Security Council resolutions, of which the main one requires pakistan to withdraw all its nationals from Kashmir. His Spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said: “The Secretary General calls on all parties to refrain from taking steps that could affect the status of Jammu and Kashmir.
“The position of the United Nations on this region is governed by the Charter of the United Nations and applicable Security Council resolutions.” The Council’s Resolution 47 adopted on April 21, 1948, said pakistan should withdraw its nationals from Kashmir before a plebiscite can be held. pakistan, however, continues to occupy a significant part of Kashmir making a plebiscite impossible. Since then, india has said a plebiscite was moot because of pakistan’s continued occupation and because Kashmiris have had their say in state and national elections.
“The Secretary General also recalls the 1972 Agreement on bilateral relations between india and pakistan, also known as the Simla Agreement, which states that the final status of Jammu and Kashmir is to be settled by peaceful means, in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations,” Dujarric said.
International migration is largely male, while domestic migration is feminized and marriage-driven The overseas Indian is usually a much loved figure, praised for his drive and ambition that took him overseas, while the domestic Indian migrant is often a much-derided figure, seen as someone who steals jobs and burdens the local economy. Data on migration does show some differences in the patterns of national and international migration but it also highlights the tendency to move to more affluent geographies (within and without the country) in search
- Indian consulate Embassy list steps for normalcy in Kashmir
- Did Jolly Thomas, serial cyanide killer of Kozhikode, suffer from a personality disorder?
- How this Indian origin Millionaire who was kidnapped, found dead?
- Sundar Pichai teaches US workers technical skills with Ivanka Trump
- US Congresswoman says Life Saving Medical Care must end in Kashmir
- NRIs with valid Indian passport can apply for Aadhaar without 182 day waiting period
- Washington looking to see strategy by India to restore full political life in Kashmir
- Trump said Modi can take care of Pakistan sponsored terror
- Trump again inflamed a controversy over India and Pakistan
- Kashmiri Pandit Community met PM Modi at Houston
- Why Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt enquired NASA about Chandrayaan 2?
- Trump joins Modi at Houston, a message to the world
- Social Media identify to be provided to Green Card or US Citizenship applicants
- Visitors from NASA to visit ISRO
- These 2 Sisters did Arangetram for charity