London sources stated that Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra on Tuesday called on all Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) to register online to boost the numbers of such voters ahead of provisions being put in place for either proxy voting or voting through embassies and missions for them.
When addressing a gathering of the Indian Professionals Forum (IPF) at the Indian High Commission here on Decoding Indian General Election 2019', Chandra said the ease of nri voting remains a focus for the Election Commission so that all Indians anywhere in the world can participate in its democracy. "I would call on NRIs to get themselves registered as a voter online and apparently voice must be heard as it is their constitutional right to participate in the elections".
At present, registered nri voters have to be physically present in their constituency in india to cast their ballots. The Election Commissioner also delved into the issue of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) and the success of the system of the Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPT) to ensure complete accuracy and transparency of the country's seven-phase electoral process this year. He said, adding that random checks conducted after some complaints had proved the reliability of the system.
NRIs with financial goals to invest more in India Reportedly a global recession is looming around the corner; the Brexit October deadline is coming up soon; the China-US trade war is far from reaching a conclusion, and there is a strong demand slowdown in India with growth estimates being revised downwards. Gold is the best performing asset class with uncertainty at record highs. These are samples of the headlines that investors worldwide have been exposed to in the last few weeks.
- International migration is largely male, while domestic migration is feminized and marriage-driven
- Indian consulate Embassy list steps for normalcy in Kashmir
- Did Jolly Thomas, serial cyanide killer of Kozhikode, suffer from a personality disorder?
- How this Indian origin Millionaire who was kidnapped, found dead?
- Sundar Pichai teaches US workers technical skills with Ivanka Trump
- US Congresswoman says Life Saving Medical Care must end in Kashmir
- NRIs with valid Indian passport can apply for Aadhaar without 182 day waiting period
- Washington looking to see strategy by India to restore full political life in Kashmir
- Trump said Modi can take care of Pakistan sponsored terror
- Trump again inflamed a controversy over India and Pakistan
- Kashmiri Pandit Community met PM Modi at Houston
- Why Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt enquired NASA about Chandrayaan 2?
- Trump joins Modi at Houston, a message to the world
- Social Media identify to be provided to Green Card or US Citizenship applicants
- Visitors from NASA to visit ISRO