United Nations sources stated that the UN Security Council (UNSC) is to hold closed door consultations on the Kashmir developments on Friday at the request of china, a diplomat at the Security Council told on Thursday. The diplomat said that china’s request for the meeting was made in a letter and came up during the Council’s informal consultations on Wednesday.
The format of the meeting as a closed door consultation would preclude pakistan participating in it, the diplomat said. As a closed door meeting, the consultation’s proceedings would be secret, without being broadcast or accessible to reporters. china wanted the consultations to take place on Thursday, but since the schedule was already set for the day without any meetings, it was to be taken up on Friday, the diplomat said.
The diplomat said that the office of the Security Council President Joanna Wronecka of poland was working out the details for holding the meeting and when it was to be held. pakistan had asked for a meeting of the UNSC on Kashmir following india’s decision to rescind Articles 370 and 35A of its Constitution that gave Jammu and Kashmir a special status. Except for china, all the other four permanent members of the Council have openly backed New delhi’s position that disputes between india and pakistan are bilateral matters, with the US even saying that the Kashmir developments are an internal matter of india.
60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases? Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is demanding a permanent exemption from personal appearance in the cases in which he is the prime accused. The arguments on this petition have finished the other day and the CBI court posted the judgment to November 1st.
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority