Washington sources reported that An Indian-American teenager from New Jersey won the 2019 south Asian Spelling Bee, after correctly spelling the word “flipe” to earn the national title and $3,000 grand prize. By correctly spelling the word that means to strip off by or as if by peeling, Navneeth murali bested Hephzibah Sujoe, 13, of Fort Worth, Texas; Pranav Nandakumar, 13, of Austin, Texas; and Vayun Krishna, 12, of Sunnyvale, California, who all tied for the runner-up position.
“It fills my heart to see such talented young spellers from across the country who make us proud as a community,” South Asian Spelling (SAS) Bee founder rahul Walia said in a statement. “The initiative is unique in its reach and engagement and with the help of the SAS-Bee program, we were able to give even more spellers the opportunity to win it all and raise the bar even higher. My heartiest congratulations to the winner,” Walia added.
The bee was open to children up to 14 years of age and was held in five regional centres across the US, including New Jersey, Washington, D.C., Dallas, the San Francisco Bay Area and Charlotte. Over 600 spellers from these centres participated from which 15 finalists took the stage at the finals.
Kashmiri Pandit Community met PM Modi at Houston Sources from Houston stated that delegation of the Kashmiri Pandit community met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Houston, and “unequivocally supported” the revocation of Jammu and Kashmir’s special status and it being made part of the rest of the country. Atlanta’s Subash Razdan was part of the delegation.
- Why Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt enquired NASA about Chandrayaan 2?
- Trump joins Modi at Houston, a message to the world
- Social Media identify to be provided to Green Card or US Citizenship applicants
- Visitors from NASA to visit ISRO
- These 2 Sisters did Arangetram for charity
- Kamala Harris apologized for laughing at the remark made on Trump
- Watch Chandrayaan-2 landing on September 6 at 1.30 a.m.-2.30 a.m in National Geographic
- Indian American to Federal Judgeship nominated by Trump
- Pramila Jayapal becoming first South Asian American woman to preside over US House of Representatives
- Modi feels Kashmir is under control: Trump
- South Asian Spelling Bee contest won by Indian American teens
- Global Village Tech Park sold to US firm Blackstone by Coffee Day
- EC calls NRIs to register online to boost numbers of voters being put in place for either proxy voting
- Air India (AI) announced its inaugural passenger flight between New Delhi and San Francisco
- UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres came out against changing status of J&K and Pakistan